Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a LH paddle holster (Fobus, etc) for my XD .45C, one that doesn't stick out too badly so a cover shirt will work. Anyone tried the XDGear Speed Slide Paddle and/or know if is available for LH?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Looking for a LH paddle holster (Fobus, etc) for my XD .45C, one that doesn't stick out too badly so a cover shirt will work. Anyone tried the XDGear Speed Slide Paddle and/or know if is available for LH?
If it's anything like the XD paddle holster, it doesn't conceal well at all. It prints worse than the epson inkjet I got with my computer (wakka wakka.)

Try Bladetech, BlackHawk, Comp-tac, and Raven Concealment Systems for good concealable OWB holsters.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's an XDGear item AFAIK so probably pretty similar to the "free" belt holster included in the kit. And yah, that one sticks out a lot. Appreciate any info on other paddle candidates available in LH.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have Fobus Roto paddle holsters for both my XD service and my 642, and I personally don't cars for them to much. I feel they protrude away from the body, and with the weight of the XD it wants to twist. I am looking to go to a IWB style.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
>I have Fobus Roto paddle holsters

I looked at those and thought the same thing....nice idea but not real practical. Like to find a Fobus that would work for CC; those Bear Claws look good tho' kinda pricey.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Springfield has two XDGear Paddle Holsters. There is the 4" two-piece roto-holster with rails...

and the shorter one piece version.

The smaller, single piece is actually a very decent holster for CCW if you're looking for an OWB holster. I measured it against my Blackhawk Serpa, and it's about 3/4" narrower than the Serpa making it hold the gun much closer to my body then the Serpa.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info...I'll see if I can find a LH XD-PH1, if not I'll shop for the Fobus. Regarding the former, CDNN has them for cheap but only RH.

Edit: After searching around a bit, I found this older forum thread and figured I'd try calling XD Customer Service on the off chance they were still catering to us southpaws. Sure enough, the CS rep was more than happy to send me a LH XD-PH1 for FREE, no hassle, no questions! Took all of 5 minutes. Now THAT is great customer service! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a Fobus Roto Paddle, and for wearing around the ranch, it's OK, but I certainly couldn't conceal it. The "roto" extends the holster out away from the body too far. It seems to be too loose and weak to use in a conceal-type environment. I would worry about how it would hold-up in a snatch-n-grab scenario. I am waiting on a Blackhawk Serpa to arrive any day now. For concealing, I'm using a Don Hume Double 9 leather belt holster. It is very comfortable, and with a strong belt, it's very secure. It gets the gun in closer to the body better than any paddle I've seen...my opinion. I like the paddle, but I'm more comfortable with a belt-type for CC.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Actually, there is a third XDGear paddle in addition to those two. I picked one up for something like 15 bucks on special and it clamps down onto my pants and belt extremely well.

XDPistols.com: Springfield XD Gear Paddle Holster, Right Hand, Black,
That looks like an Uncle Mike's belt slide holster. And since the product description says it has an integrated rail (which the one in the photo does not have), it make me think that the one shown is not the correct one. I searched that model number and all I got were hits for the two-piece paddle holster.

Care to post pics of yours so we can have a better idea about what it is and how it works?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
>I like the paddle, but I'm more comfortable with a belt-type for CC

Normally I go with IWB (bellyband or CBH SuperTuck D) for CC, but there are times (like trips to the range, driving, etc) when it's handy to have a paddle to slip off/on. So the free one being sent by SA CS should work good enough.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Care to post pics of yours so we can have a better idea about what it is and how it works?
Your right! That the picture is wrong AND I'm thinking of an Uncle Mike's holster. I checked it out and I have the Uncle Mike's Paddle (not belt slide which is what is erroneously shown). Somehow I was thinking it was branded XDGear. Regardless, it works out pretty well. It is very secure on the belt/pants and doesn't stick out too bad. An inexpensive enough to try out.

Holsters4guns: Uncle Mike's Kydex Paddle Holster

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
>checked it out and I have the Uncle Mike's Paddle

Only review I found on ^this model talked like the paddle was somewhat difficult to remove...gripped a little TOO well. How is yours?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
>checked it out and I have the Uncle Mike's Paddle

Only review I found on ^this model talked like the paddle was somewhat difficult to remove...gripped a little TOO well. How is yours?
It does hold on real tight, which I think is a good thing. There is a little trick to taking it off - a particular way of pulling up and away against my side - that makes removing it easy.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my FREE LH paddle holster via FedX today...almost exactly a week from when I called SA CS...that's service! Fits nice, needs a little retention adjustment...I'm a happy camper! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
>I have a SA LH paddle. Love it

Think'n I will too. Holds the XD in close similar to their belt holster...not near as well as a leather OWB but good enough. If I want better CC I'll use my SuperTuck.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Don't forget Springfield will send you a free LH paddle hoster if your gun came with gear. All you have to do is call them and tell them you are a lefty. They send you the smaller one pictured above. I use mine all the time and it conceals fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts