Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a whim, I bought a Pachmayr slip-on grip for my XD this afternoon. Required trimming aside, I am rather unhappy with the fit. The gun feels quite nice in my hand (no more front strap irritation) but the grip slips all over the place during actual firing. Just in the course of switching mags quickly, the Pachmayr grip slipped enough to interfere with the grip safety and get in the way of a clean mag change. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Fixing things should be easy enough, but I'm not sure that I want to hairspray my gun just yet. Anyone have another suggestion for how to affix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I used one for about 6 months. Only took it off to be USPSA legal in Production. It was absolutely perfect, never moved at all on me and I used it in alot of Run-N-Gun shooting compititions.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I pulled my Pachmayr off after about 2 weeks. Did the same thing to me. I found that if I pulled the back piece as far down as I could (close to the mag well), it would stay more steady, but I too was hessitant on using anything to 'adhere' a slip on grip to my gun. So, I invested a few bucks in the Decal Grip that Pistol-Gear sells, and havn't looked back since. I do miss the finger grooves, but the traction and solid feel the Decal's give is a good trade-off IMHO.

Matthew

·
Registered
163 Posts
Had a Hogue for the XD40 service and a Pach slipon for the SC....Got rid of both of them and went for the Decal grips and like msidner...never looked back...mine slipped so much that the grip safety would lock on as if you were holding it in constantly thus defeating the safety altogether....very dangerous situation because you could (if your not paying close attention) pull the trigger inadvertantly and go BOOM if the gun was pointed in the wrong direction. I'll "stick" with the decals (rubber) they feel great even though I also miss the finger grooves. I wouldn't reccomend the Pach or Hogue "slip"-ons based on my past experience. (I guess "SLIP" is the operative word here."

One of the guys on the forum used a bicycle tube which looked good and tight and seemed to work for him..

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
wow... i was _ that close to buying a slipon today...maybe i should rethink.

is there anyone that can suggest a slipon that does work?

·
Registered
813 Posts
have a pachmayr on my SC and have had no problems. Just make sure that you wipe down the grip with a degreaser before you slide it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts