Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking around for quite some time and can't seem to find an answer. What sleeve fits the XD9SC?

Some here say a specific model others say none do and you have to trim it so it doesn't block the grip safety.

so what is the actual answer. Looking on their site they have the model 4 and model 5 that should fit but which one?

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I have both hogue grips on mine and I did notch out for the grip safety. they are both left overs from my sig 228 and 226 and fit the xd and xdm quite nicely.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have both hogue grips on mine and I did notch out for the grip safety. they are both left overs from my sig 228 and 226 and fit the xd and xdm quite nicely.
But you did have to notch them out? I guess I'm looking to not have to mod the sleeve if I don't have to since they would be brand new to me and not left overs. I guess I could just see them tearing after use for a while due to the material being weakened from cutting. I could also be crazy in my thinking.

I appreciate the input.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
The Hogue grips you will have to trim. I had one on my SC, but the seam split after a while, where I had to trim it. I don't know if the issue was related. I have also looked into the Pachmayr grips, but I'm not sure about model specifics. I know you won't have to notch out the Pachmayr though. I just looked on their website though and had a problem finding one for the SC models. That sucks.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
well I believe the hogues are about 12 bucks a pop and you could just cut the whole upper back section off just below the safety rather than notch it out. I dont know about the pachmayr but I dont think that id worry about any "ripping" on the hogue grips, there fairly well made. I think that if your worried about ripping id just cut the top of the grip off just below the safety parallel with the slide.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Hogue grips you will have to trim. I had one on my SC, but the seam split after a while, where I had to trim it. I don't know if the issue was related. I have also looked into the Pachmayr grips, but I'm not sure about model specifics. I know you won't have to notch out the Pachmayr though. I just looked on their website though and had a problem finding one for the SC models. That sucks.
that's the same problem I was having as far as Pachmyar's site. It could be either the Model 4 or Model 5. They only reference the Glock as far as what they fit and as we all know the Glock doesn't have a grip safety.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
This weekend I was at WalMart going through their clearance section when I found some Bell bicycle tubes on sale for $2.50 for a 18" or 20". I bought the 20".

I came home and cut out a section long enough for my grip. I then put it on the grip. Then I sprayed a light amount of hairspray between the grip and the tube. Then I notched out for the grip safety.

**NOTE: Cut a little closer to the safety then you think you need too. When you make this cut the tube will pull it back a little bit leaving you with enough clearance. If you think it's too close you can always take more off.

So far, I'm happy with it. It was super cheap and seems to work well. There is a seam or rib right down the middle on the front of the grip and one on either side of the back of the grip so I'm thinking I won't have any splitting issues like I did w/ the Hogue. You might give this a go before you drop some serious money.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never thought of that. May have to give that a try first.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
+1 what "Wired" said.

You can use large diameter shrink tube, too. It's available at any large electric supply store. NOT Radio Shack. PLEASE don't allow the grip to disable the safety, especially if you're using a trigger kit like the PRP Ultimate with a 3.5 pound pull.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
As far as Pachmayr Grip Slip-On grips go, the Model #4 is for small single stack pistols like the PPS, LC9, PF-9, etc.
The #5 is for Sub-Compact double stack pistols like the G-26 (as pictured on their site.
Pachmayr&reg Pachmayr your primary source for quality handgun grips and recoil pads
You might be able to use the Model #5 without trimming and can be found at various Sporting Goods stores (like Bass Pro).

They also have Tactical Grip Gloves, and they all look like they'd need trimming.
Pachmayr&reg Pachmayr your primary source for quality handgun grips and recoil pads

The Bicycle Tube is definitely cheaper if you don't want to chance wasting $10.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I think I'll try the bicycle tube first then get the model 5 pachmayr.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
have a pachmayr 5 on my sc 40, i had to notch it out to fit my small hand.I also had to super glue it to keep in place

·
Registered
802 Posts
I second the bicycle tube. Works great!!!!!!

However, for me it has/had 1 serious downfall when CCWing that caused me to discontinue use.

What's grippy and great for my hand was also grippy and great on clothing. I had a few instances where my sweatshirts and untucked shirts had ridden up due to gripping the rubber and left me "exposed".

I was wondering where that draft was coming from.....:shock:

Aside from this instance the bike tube was a cheap and fantastic addition.:D

·
Registered
632 Posts
I had the Pachmayr Grip Slip-On but it was a little loose and moved to much for my liking, instead headed over to a skateboard shop for some board tape and cut it to my likeing works well so far

1 - 15 of 15 Posts