Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to send my XD to AJAMES soon for DuraCoat, but before doing so, I'm looking for a set of sights for install.

I want to put a FO on the front, I also want AJAMES to install an adjustable rear to accomidate any adjustments required for POI.

That said, I have looked at the Dawson set which seem nice, but I just ran into a rear adjustable steel set that Pachmayr has produced for the Sig P228 by the name of "accuset". I can purchase this rear for $20 and I just found a fellow who has an extra Hi Viz FO front for the Sig 228 at $15 (this is the enclosed molded red optic sight where the pipes can not be changed, but the pipe is enclosed for protection).

ANYONE out there have any experience/comments re: these as a set, i.e. sight height issues, before I purchase and send off to AJAMES for DuraCoating and install :?:

Thanks All

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
:cry: I am sad your not buying the sights from me. Na just kidding the front if it is made for the sig dovetail should be fine.....which is interesting becuase I have not installed that sight on an xd yet I will have to take pictures. And for the rear as long as it does not hang down too much so you actually have room for adjustment then you should also be fine. The problem is that some of the adjustable rears hang off the back of the slide and can bottom out on the top of the slide. Also another set I have not installed on an xd and will have to take pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AJAMES, once I accumulate all the goodies together, I'll be sending my piece in for your Dura Coating. That Colt Grey looks nice, I really didn't want much of a contrast of color on my slide, to the frame, but it looks as though that grey is on the "darker" color side. If so, I think I will place order for this color !!!

Thanks Again and soon be tallking w/ya'''

1 - 3 of 3 Posts