Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a crowbar into my "New 1911" fund when this little guy came up for sale locally:
20200303_093919.jpg

The asking price was too good to be ignored, but not so good that I was dissuaded from haggling... got a great deal and we both walked away happy.

It's a V3 SA/DA with manual safety.

This one will get some sights (currently has factory luminescent 3-dots) and possibly an LEM conversion once I get a better handle on what that surgery (LEM trigger) entails.

It currently competes with an XDMc 3.8 and my pet P99c for holster space. As good as it is, the trigger itself runs a (close) second-place to the Walther's excellent AS trigger... something I never thought I'd say about a striker vs hammer comparison.

I've wanted one of these since they were introduced a few yrs ago and I'm not disappointed in the least... it just kept getting put off because the "9mm carry gun" segment in my safe was fairly crowded. A couple of recent trade-offs left an opening that the P30sk was destined to occupy. Yes, that's blatant rationalization and it totally works for me.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
It is about freakin time. I'm suprised manual safety is ambi. Usually they are not. So with the manual safety, is decocker still in back, or is it decocker/safety?

Anyhoo, love mine. So easy, comfy. They are so darn affordable now. Sometimes I look at "nice" sub guns, and then I'm like... I can buy 2 more P30SKs and stash them...

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Congrats...Nice score !..lgs here has 2 in stock..I was fondling one last time I was by there ...I like the ambi safety...Now you got me thinking about it again..

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So with the manual safety, is decocker still in back, or is it decocker/safety?
Decocker is still in the back... the safety is just a safety. I go for it every time, too.
I'm a noob with the P30 and if I can't train myself out of old habits like going for the (nonexistant) decocker lever on the side, a la USP, I will hasten towards the LEM (or safety delete) conversion. I kinda want to do it anyway. Riding the safety poses no danger (1911-style vs Beretta-style) and my P30L has the same arrangement so I'll get used to it... eventually. Probably.

Reactions: bassbob

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are so darn affordable now.
"Affordable" is the right word.

From what I understand, HK priced these well below the regular and L models to compete in the crowded EDC gun market... they probably lose money on every unit. The bigger models still get premium money but I nabbed this one for about XD-type dollars.

Reactions: bassbob

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
I much prefer the P30sk to the full size P30, truth be told.

I’ve got the same one you have; replaced the sights with Trijicon HD’s, carry it with 147gr HST and a 13rd USPc/P2000 mag with a spacer. Love the way it shoots and points (I run mine with the large grips & backstrap).

·
Registered
11,494 Posts
Nice score @Jonnyuma.

I looked at one Sunday afternoon at a new LGS. There was also an MK23 and USP45 Tactical in the case. Come to find out they were on consignment and their owner wanted way too much for them, IMO. I was seriously considering the MK23 until they told me it was $5195.00. I just laughed. Then they said it came with extra mags and a holster. Continued to laugh. Then they wanted me to look at the Tactical for $1600.00. Again, I laughed and told them I got mine for half the price with the soft Eagle case, tool kit and an extra 5 mags. I know they didn't make the price, but they should have told the guns owner, the prices were a little too high.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Nice score @Jonnyuma.

I looked at one Sunday afternoon at a new LGS. There was also an MK23 and USP45 Tactical in the case. Come to find out they were on consignment and their owner wanted way too much for them, IMO. I was seriously considering the MK23 until they told me it was $5195.00. I just laughed. Then they said it came with extra mags and a holster. Continued to laugh. Then they wanted me to look at the Tactical for $1600.00. Again, I laughed and told them I got mine for half the price with the soft Eagle case, tool kit and an extra 5 mags. I know they didn't make the price, but they should have told the guns owner, the prices were a little too high.
Huuu... I though crack use died down in the 90s...

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
I much prefer the P30sk to the full size P30, truth be told.

I’ve got the same one you have; replaced the sights with Trijicon HD’s, carry it with 147gr HST and a 13rd USPc/P2000 mag with a spacer. Love the way it shoots and points (I run mine with the large grips & backstrap).
TFX pro, med inside, large outside, large back. Trigger job, short reset...
All polished up... Ya, full size is comfy, I sand the hook a bit on reg and call it good.

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Followed me home" ought to be a felony, punishable by many years of painful torture!!
I know of one person, in particular, who might find that a bit lenient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts