Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
You can't go wrong with either choice. I suggest you take advantage of the rebate and get the P30. You can always get a deal on the VP9 later. Ergomomics is taken to a new level with these guns side and strap insert combinations. It should be noted these are service/duty designed guns and not target pistols. I test a trigger by firing the gun and answer one question-- Does the trigger action prevent accurate shot placement? Once you become familiar with the gun, it is accurate and the trigger is not a detraction from this very able gun. Without a manual safety, I prefer a firm double action pull. Reset and single action are very acceptable.

The VP9 delivers one of the best striker fired triggers right along side the Walther PPQ. The deeper undercut in the grip allows a wonderful grasp of an already great feeling firearm. This gun does come with a mid-trigger safety latch. The barrel/slide is longer than the P30 and about a half ounce lighter. Both guns have ambi mag release levers on the trigger guard.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts