Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in the Kansas City area have a Sig Sauer P226 or P229 DAK I can shoot? Willing to meet you at the range of your choice...I will bring ammo of course (regular WWB or Federal).

These and a S&W M&P (or Pro) are my final choices for my next purchase.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
If you like Double action pistols the DAK trigger is the way to go. I carry a 229R DAK 9mm as a duty weapon, we transitioned from the double action only 92D Beretta to the SIG and our Qualification scores went up and group sizes shrank measurably. Great and reliable gun. forget about the short reset that is only there as a safety measure to fire the pistol if you short stroke the trigger, release it all the way then repeat and you will be extremely happy. 6 and a half pound butter smooth trigger. Very easy to shoot and shoot well.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I just read a site that said the p229 DAK went 3 Million rounds!!??? That can't be right can it?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I just read a site that said the p229 DAK went 3 Million rounds!!??? That can't be right can it?
I dont know, I would think that at best you might get 100,000 through one. They are reliable and accurate but dont seem to look kindly on a lack of maintenance. If you get one ditch the plastic guide rod immediately and get one made out of good old fashioned steel.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DISREGARD. Going to stick to M&P or Glock...we will see.

Haha - I am all over the place today. Sold something elsewhere - crossed wires. :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts