Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
There is no such thing as .40 S&W+P.

And before someone posts either BB's or DT's (can't remember which one labels theirs as +P) site...just because they slap a +P label on it doesn't make it +P. There is no SAAMI spec for .40 +P, which means that the company is just calling their loads +P loads.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
From what I've heard about +P, its fine for some practice rounds to make sure it cycles and all that, and to carry for SD... but SA doesnt recommend it for range use, as it causes excess wear and tear.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
If it was possible to search for the string "+P" we wouldn't have to keep repeating that a 22lr in +P+P+P is the best choice :rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
Yes, it'll be fine. I'd kind of be cautious about anything labeled 40 SW "+P," since 40 SW is a pretty high pressure round as it is.

The XD can take it, but obviously, you're going to wear it out a bit sooner if that's all you shoot. You'll probably have to replace the recoil spring earlier than usual.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info and pardon my ignorance
On the 40 s&w. Would only shoot to confirm it
Would feed. Any standard type jhp recommendations

·
Registered
29,606 Posts
read this: Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

Choose one of the loads listed (they are listed in no particular order, and you may find some are more expensive and/or available than others). Buy a couple boxes. Fire several fully loaded magazines through your pistol to see if it's 100% reliable, as well as controllable and accurate in rapid fire. If it meets these criteria, you;ve got a carry load. If not, move onto the next.

It doesn't matter what others have work in their pistols--what matters is what works in your pistol, and you'll only find out by shooting it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts