Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the darn thing in the cart and ready to click "order" but I just can't bring myself to it. My XD9sc is my EDC and I love that little booger. It is just about perfect for my carry needs. I trust it with my life. However (ugh... I hate howevers) I just can't stop eyeing the XD(m) 3.8 compacts. I'm just so drawn to it. I don't really *need* both that is for sure. I'm afraid when I get it that the internal conflict will begin. What if I like it more than my XD9sc? Well that isn't so bad is it? But the XD9sc is my baby! If I got the XD(m) compact and loved it... would there really be any need to keep my baby? I would hate to see her go but I would probably hate even more to keep her and not see her put to use (that would be such a shame and a waste). Oh dilemmas dilemmas! Anybody else go through this same conflict? How did it turn out for you?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just get them both, if you have the disposable income. You will figure it out over time, and you may wish to sell the one you like least.

·
Registered
354 Posts
both are very similar... both are great for carry...

I'm more accurate with my xdm by just a bit... (longer barrel i think)...

if you want the xdm then get it and alternate carrying both a week at a time...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I made the switch because I wanted everything to be on the same XDM platform and feel similiar. I understand how you feel because I was carrying the XDSC everyday but I am happy with the XDM compact, shots great and feels comfortable.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Buy the xdm9 3.8 compact. I just purchased mine in 40c bitone. I love it because I have small hands and even with the 11 round clip in it I can get my pinky on the grip without an extension.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess if I have the 3.8c in .40 instead of 9... then I wouldn't have as much of an excuse to ditch my XD9sc if I love the XDm compact!

·
Registered
763 Posts
It will consume you if you let it.......go with your gut. More is better! Besides, these are really good problems to have.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Get it and you'll see how easy it'll be having them both. You will also find out that you have more options into carry one or the other depending on climate and places. Also if something happens to your xd9sc :shock:, you'll have a backup readily available to you.

So, what's going to be...a 9mm or 40 s&w?:eek:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It will consume you if you let it.......go with your gut. More is better! Besides, these are really good problems to have.
Yes, it sure does. I got consumed about 4 pistols ago.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Face it. You want, and need, both.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it looks like my decision was made for me... the XD(m) 40 compact it is. Now the next logical question arises... are there (or will there be) conversion kits to drop down to 9 for more economical range sessions?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Sounds like a good problem to have if you ask me. Get the XDMc and have both. You never know when you need a backup and you will feel good knowing that the backup is as nice and reliable and the EDC.

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Forget the 9mm; get the .40 in the xdm compact that way you have the 9mm and the .40.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
A guy asks if he should buy a new gun .... hmmmm wonder what the answers will be....?

Yeah, get both and when the xdm compact comes out in .45acp you best get that too!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the link. So would I be correct in assuming the barrel in the standard 3.8 is the exact same barrel that is in the 3.8 compact... thus a conversion kit for the standard 3.8 would also work in the 3.8 compact? That is great news if that is the case. Now I just need to find a conversion kit in stock.

·
Registered
748 Posts
So would I be correct in assuming the barrel in the standard 3.8 is the exact same barrel that is in the 3.8 compact... thus a conversion kit for the standard 3.8 would also work in the 3.8 compact?
Bump. :?:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts