Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to carry OWB. The problem is, I like to carry about 3 - 3:30 and in order for me to draw, I need to reach almost up to my arm pit (or so it would seem). It rides high.

I really don't want to carry IWB, but I guess I could learn.

I carry a XDM, 4.5", so it's not exactly tiny.

My holster is awesome. It's from Gavin at http://www.firearmholster.com.

I have considered taking the removable IWB clips and reversing them so it sits like an IWB, but is actually OWB.

I haven't tried that yet for comfort and function.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If you use the IWB clips OWB, you will have to modify them so that they mount to the holster at the top and the bottom. Otherwise the holster and gun will pull away from your belt. This is especially important where you carry a fullsize gun.

My recommendation is to get a dedicated OWB holster that you can adjust the ride height lower. Not that there is anything wrong with your current holster, it is just hard to adjust slots cut in leather. Although you might be able to find some belt clips from a kydex holster that might work and allow you to lower the ride height, as long as you can mount them at the top and bottom of the clips.

Reactions: mdshay

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
A good OWB holster should ride high. It keeps the gun more secure & hides it better under a garment. You just need to work with your chosen holster/gun until presentation it feels natural. Then things will speed up for you.

Reactions: mdshay

·
Premium Member
8,308 Posts
When I purchased my Sig Ultra 1911 they did not have a production holster, but they took the time to get a mold and made me on.
No extra cost, just took a few weeks longer.
Well worth the wait.
I now have four of their holsters and two belts.
Give them a call, they can probably hook you up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts