Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search for holsters, owb, iwb, best holster, etc for the XDSC's, and it seems that many people prefer the IWB holsters as opposed to the OWB's. I personally have carried my XD service with a Fobus paddle holster with minor issues. Now that I am in the market for a XDSC, I am looking for a similar holster made out of more comfortable material.

With the Fobus, the paddle part was too hard, kept digging into my side, and it also would not allow me to sit with it comfortably.

I do not want to go with a IWB holster because I don't want to have to buy a new wardrobe...anyone have helpful suggestions?

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
get a good IWB and you wont have to change your wardrobe

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you recommend or give me some suggestions?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Supertuck fit very well in my existing clothes...if its a little tight it might just convince you to loose 5-10 lbs...best of both worlds...

Chris

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have the Galco Matrix OWB and a Crossbreed Qwikclip IWB, use either depending on weather and wardrobe. They both also fit the XD + XD(M), fwiw. I got a newer Fobus as a gift, but only use it at the range.

Considering a Supertuck or an all-leather as an additional IWB, but still unsure there. That little OWB Galco is amazing for the $, and keeps the M in a perfect position on my less-than-gigantic frame.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Please take a look at our site as we are a forum sponsor we do have a lot of very satisfied customers on this forum.Thank you for looking..
Larry

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, and I will be looking at your site, Larry.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB and highly recommend it. I also use a Comp-Tac paddle OWB but mainly for the range. Looks like you're in a warm climate, like me, and an OWB just doesn't seem too practical in a place where you're not going to be wearing coats and heavy clothes much of the year.

I also recently got a Smartcarry to wear when an IWB isn't going to work, like when I'm wearing sweats, workout shorts or dress pants with a dress belt. I'm really starting to like the Smartcarry. It conceals an XD9sc unbelievably well and is very comfortable.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have a half-pancake one from Frontline Holsters (Israeli company) that works wonderful with a XD subcompacts, I think they market it for a glock something but fits perfect.

I also have a Bianchi Shadow II that works excellent with my SC, marketed for a Taurus PT145

Home Page

·
Registered
512 Posts
The only time I use an OWB holster is at the range, and I just use a paddle holster for that. For CCW, the best IWB I've found is a Mitch Rosen ARG. I've always had problems trying to carry IWB due to my shape (kind of like the Michelin man:lol:) but the ARG worked great for me. I wanted to cry when I found out it didn't fit my XD. But, I've ordered an IWB from Tennessee Holsters for my XD9 Service and can't wait to get it. For my XD9sc I got a High Noon Holsters "Split Decision" tuckable. When I carry my sc it will reside there or in a Mika's pocket holster.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Supertuck works great for me even in my existing wardrobe. I carry an xd45c and it fits comfortably.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts