Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my three-week-old XD-40 Sub Compact to the range, and after cleaning I reloaded my Winchester HPs into the 12rd magazine that I keep in on concealed carry. I hadn't realized I had overloaded until I removed my magazine today to inspect the top round for any oil residue left from cleaning. As I reinserted the magazine I was a bit forceful and it did not secure, which is what made me realize I had over inserted a cartridge in the magazine.

I released the mag, removed one round, and reinserted with no problems. However, I have two concerns: One being that I may have used too much force when reinserting the overloaded magazine, and may have hit my ejector. The second concern is all the time the overloaded magazine spent inside the pistol.

How likely is it that there was any damage? Is there any way I can determine if any damage was done by visual inspection?

Never had an issue like this before; guess there's a first for everything.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You should be alright...i know there are some people that cram an extra round into their 9mm mag but I wouldn't do it...just be more careful next time and you shouldn't have any problems...I definitely wouldn't leave the mag loaded with an extra round for an extended period of time...

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
It's not going to hurt anything. I load 1 extra in my .40 and 9mm mags, been doing it for years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts