Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
It's currently available via other retailers at 80-cents to $1 per round, via Ammoseek.

But yes, ammo prices have been high since the COVID craziness started. The recent riots have either driven a second spike in areas or have simply continued to make things worse. It literally went from historic lows to a return to 2010-13 prices and availability, overnight, with asshats like Cheaper Than Dirt capitalizing on people's fears almost immediately.

Now, even the good guys/gals of the industry have had to increase prices as they are having to pay more from their distributors, and also as some manufacturers have increased pricing, themselves, for a variety of reasons.

Checked the price of toilet paper, paper towels, and various cleaning and personal hygiene supplies, lately? ;)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Simply watching any sort of daily national news and you're able to quickly know or understand ammo and weapon prices will go up due uncertainty and unstable social events of the day. I recently bought a new FNX-45 for a relatively "cheap" price---barely $50 higher than a few years ago when I first considered buying one. In fact I was somewhat shocked I found one---the on-line seller had two in stock, seemed quite happy to get rid of at least one. :)

Ammo will be another issue and its not going to drop in price anytime soon---if ever again. Crap happens when social unrest occurs---welcome to the shyteshow that is 2020. :)

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Glad I stocked up on "deals" for ammo when things were a bit more rational. (Of course, moving it all to evacuate for the last hurricane sucked). ...... My range closed so haven't been able to shoot much, but right now, maybe just dry-fire and wait for things to settle before shooting what I have.

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
It's not just $.60/round for 9MM, .45 ACP is outrageous and just try to find any pistol primers, no one has them not even my local LGS which is normally well stocked. This will pass in time like the .22 shortage a few years back. Lesson learned from that mess, if something you need or think you'll be needed is available when prices return to earth, buy a box or two and hang on to reloading components, or whatever you need. Never know when the next "hoarding" event is just around the corner.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
My latest supply of 300 rounds Hydra-Shok Deep in .45 ACP, paid just a bit over $486 delivered to the front porch, SG Ammo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts