Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gun shop Sunday to pick up an XDm 9mm. I have about 4000 rounds through my XDm .40 and love it. I got the 9mm in my hands and was just looking around as I knew how they felt in my hand and how they worked.

I spotted an Bushmaster AR-15 hanging enticingly on the wall and started looking at it. I started asking questions and ended up walking out 30 minutes later with the Bushmaster. (still a great trip to the store)

So now I need to save up a few months and go back for the XDm 9mm.
I know some of you can relate to this kind of trip to the store.

Now I need to go to the AR talk room and see what everyone is saying about my new rifle as I am new to ARs.

Keep shooting your XDm......mine is my favorite handgun. The 9mm seems to be a great choice, I can't wait till the summer when I can get one.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What the hell are these Pmags I keep hearing about?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it means Plastic mags right. I think I've got it. The windowed ones would be nice.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nate42ND, you're in trouble now!!! You have just bought the beginings of a bottomless money pit. The sky is the limit with the AR....ain't it great!!!???

Check on AR-15.com. I had my eye on a Rock River but got the XDm 9mm. Time to sell a couple to fund my next project.

Have a ball!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
You could get by with just a 9mm barrel and spring. I am not sure if the 40 mags will do 9mm or not. Some of the Sigs and HK pistols can shoot both 9 and 40 out of the same mags.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I dont know what it is but I have always loved the classic M16 look. I just think it is sexy as hell.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
PMAG is a company that makes GREAT magazines! Here's a link to one place that sells them:
Magpul PMAG Magazine BLACK
I defy anyone to get the follower to tilt! Watch the video and see how much better they hold up then all other mags to include metal GI mags!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Just this: Magpul ++ Magpul Industries ++ Makes P-Mags. Good Luck getting some right now!
A couple months ago, average price: $15.00 each. Now, IF you find any, average price $25-$30 each! Gouge, Gouge!
Wish I had aboput 10,000 of em. I would not Gouge. But I would make $5.00 each. Oh well, I don't have them.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Looks like you got a nice one! Enjoy... it'll probably be banned to buy them quite soon! :x

·
Registered
809 Posts
I went to the gun shop Sunday to pick up an XDm 9mm. I have about 4000 rounds through my XDm .40 and love it. I got the 9mm in my hands and was just looking around as I knew how they felt in my hand and how they worked.

I spotted an Bushmaster AR-15 hanging enticingly on the wall and started looking at it. I started asking questions and ended up walking out 30 minutes later with the Bushmaster. (still a great trip to the store)

So now I need to save up a few months and go back for the XDm 9mm.
I know some of you can relate to this kind of trip to the store.

Now I need to go to the AR talk room and see what everyone is saying about my new rifle as I am new to ARs.

Keep shooting your XDm......mine is my favorite handgun. The 9mm seems to be a great choice, I can't wait till the summer when I can get one.
good choose my first AR-15 was just like that one

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
You know what kills me?
When people see a good AR and mention how PLAIN or OLD FASHIONED it is.
Seriously, do you think all that crap people bolt all over their AR makes it better?

It doesn't, it just makes it more fun to have as a man-toy.

For example, a vertical grip that people add actually moves your hand away from the center of the gun and adds nothing. Learn to use your mag well as the vertical grip and discover how you are far more tight and centered with the rifle.

All the lasers and lights and rails and battery powered sights?
Well, if you like it great but can you throw your rifle to the concrete hard, pick it up and run it? No, you can't.

I'm old. I like simple because I've had complex.

Also, I like redheads.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Oi! Classic 20" A2. I just bought one of those, too. I did cheat a bit on the classic and bought the A3 top. Still, it's a great and very accurate rifle. 300 yds with iron sights is the standard.

Congrats!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm lovin' it too. I may get into another one someday and go "all out" but this is just what I need. Great rifle!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts