Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried following previous threads about best methods for cleaning and best cleaning kits out there. Otis cleaning kits have been mentioned.

Kleen-Bore has a new pull cleaning kit the allows, if one desire, a cleaning patch, brush, and then another cleaning patch with one pull. Of course, one could use different combinations. Has anyone used Kleen-Bore's new kit? If so, how do you like it?

Since I am not real familiar with both systems, to my mindset, it seems Kleen-Bore would do the same job as Otis, perhaps better, and you do not have to use Otis' proprietary patches. Am I missing something here?

My guns are: 30.06, Mini 14, 12 and 20GA (haven't shot either in awhile but may take up skeet this winter), S&W 686, Sigs P229 & P228, Kel-tec P3AT, and recent purchase XDSC.

I appreciate all feedback.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I bought an otis kit for my ar15 and now use it for my xds 4.0 9. My self I prefer a solid one piece rod, I have a tipton fiberglass rod for my shotgun and its awesome.

I like the otis kit however. Its small and easy to use. I find the patches do work well and I can reuse them for 3 or 4 pulls by just moving the patch to another slot with some careful manipulation not to rip the patch.

That is my .02 cents about the otis kit. I have never used the Kleen-Bore.

Any other questions I can try to answer for ya from my experience.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought an otis kit for my ar15 and now use it for my xds 4.0 9. My self I prefer a solid one piece rod, I have a tipton fiberglass rod for my shotgun and its awesome.

I like the otis kit however. Its small and easy to use. I find the patches do work well and I can reuse them for 3 or 4 pulls by just moving the patch to another slot with some careful manipulation not to rip the patch.

That is my .02 cents about the otis kit. I have never used the Kleen-Bore.

Any other questions I can try to answer for ya from my experience.
I ended up buying an Otis kit. The Kleen-Bore end piece appeared to be too long so that it would always require me to fully disable the weapon in order to use it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You'll like it. Once you figure out the best patch configuration to give you s nice tight fit in the bore

1 - 4 of 4 Posts