Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Welcome mr-payne. What took so long to join our forces?
Do you know what generation machine that you own?

Ed

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Why would it be more expensive?
the hs2000 is still sold all around the world it is not a rare pistol. If it was a generation one then maybe bcuase it was an original but there were a lot of them brought it. A gen 2 would be the most rare but even then I payed 325 for that. For about 25-75 bucks more you can get a barely used xd. The only people that would really jump on the hs2000 are people that may want to put together a collection, but in all honesty if it was much more than 300 I would just wait for the next one since in the last couple of months about a dozen hs2000`s have been sold here at the forum, and last I hear Frechy was looking at selling his gen1. A used pistol is a used pistol it does not gain value unless it is rare.....300 for the used xd is making a profit of aprox 50 bucks. Several thousand hs`s were imported and there are 100`s of thousands all around the world aka not rare.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Personally I like the lines without the accessory rail, and would pay a bit more for that. No matter what the rest of the world can buy, there are only so many legal in the states. I would (and have) paid more than $300 for a gen1 HS2000. Hell, the first one I bought which was before the (in)famous price drop I paid $420 for and still felt that I got a deal!

What is the difference between paying $300 and $400 for a pistol? 1,000 rounds: that is all. :D

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I, like Don, paid $420 before the price drop. It was as good and far less expensive than the Glock then, and it still is. It just looks a little different. It was my first gun, and I would have to be offered a LOT of $$ to part with my HS2K, gen1, more than it is monetarily worth, even with the NP3 finish on it.

Of course, if I did, I'd use the money to buy an XD... :wink:

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
The finish looks slick loony, but I just can't change from the basic black.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yeah, I had a hard time deciding between sending it to Mac for his coating or to Robar for the NP3. If Robar hadn't been running a Christmas special at the time making it the same price as Mac's, I would have sent it to him for refinishing in black or dark grey(which is almost black).

There was just something about the extra lubricating qualities of the teflon that I liked. If NP3 had come in black I would have gotten it.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Well it's a good lookin' pistol no matter what color it's in. :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Half to say, if it made a difference how many Norinco or Polytech rifles were available world wide, if that had a bearing on the market, then you could buy the Chicom M14/S here in the USA for close to the Canadian price of $300. It can't be done. Chicom built AK47/S rifles would also ve inexpensive here, not the $800 to $1500 they are still getting (depending on variety). Same is true of Chicom Makarovs, or Russian Makarovs. Priced one of those lately? They may still be common world wide, but because they are not being imported, the price has gone up.

When these were being imported, they were imported by the thousands, many thousands of these different varieties were sold, and are still available on the second hand market. That's the only place they are available, in fact, and the prices are much, much higher than the original selling price.

Saying that the HS2000 won't command a premium because they are still available world wide, when none are being imported, is contrary to what has been seen with other guns where importation was stopped.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Is it just me, or does the Gen. 1 HS2000 fell better in your hand? I love mine. I wish I had the same thing in .40.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I own my HS2000 for two major reasons.....

The first reason is that the overall design "feels" just right. 8)

The second reason is that I like the fact that the slide bears the name of my home town, Knoxville Tennessee. :D

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Bubbaman said:
Is it just me, or does the Gen. 1 HS2000 fell better in your hand? I love mine. I wish I had the same thing in .40.
I don't have experence with the Springfield "clone", but my Gen.1 feels just right... :wink:

·
Registered
595 Posts
HS2000 GEN 1 should feel the same as GEN 2 & GEN 3. IM Metal, in Croatia, manufactures the HS2000 for Springfield but "XD" is the name that the Springfield Company markets the pistol under. HS2000 is the original name and it is still sold in other parts of the world as such.

NO CLONES, NO COPIES

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
WARHEAD'Z said:
HS2000 GEN 1 should feel the same as GEN 2 & GEN 3. IM Metal, in Croatia, manufactures the HS2000 for Springfield but "XD" is the name that the Springfield Company markets the pistol under. HS2000 is the original name and it is still sold in other parts of the world as such.

NO CLONES, NO COPIES
Yes!...I know. I'm being and élitist snob... :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts