Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to anyone. I'm from italy and i have just joined this forum. first at all i wanna apologize for my bad english :roll:
Here in italy xd and xdm pistols aren't commercialized by springfiel, we take them directly from HS in croatia, a nation wich we also share a border:lol:.
So i made this thread to show you how my xdm 5.25 in 9mm just arrived me home today. so you can see the differencies between this gun and maybe take some inspiartion because there in US you have never seen a stock HS unmarked by springfiled.

as you can see we have on a stock XDM the trigger stop!and the pin are already inox. this evening i'll post the original HS gunbox and some other photo of my updated gun.

thaks so much and i hope this was interesting for you:mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Same markings as the US, you guys even have the warning to read the instructions in English like we do.

Kind of disappointing since I know other XDM pistols used to be marked HSM on the slide and frame with no XD markings what so ever.

Thanks for sharing. I sent you a PM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that i found more time i'll show you another difference that I (think) I found looking trought your XDM... as you can see from the images my barrel aint black; it has a inox finish:mrgreen:.
After shooting it i found the trigger reset too much long so i putted the ORIGINAL AFTERMARKET trigger kit. I spent like 70 euro, like 90 USD, and now my reset perfect and, as i saw in some youtube videos, it looks like mine is even shorter. (as soon as i have an opportunity i'll post the video. But this is not all; buying the original match trigger kit means that your 1911 style safety ( i don't know the name) isn't working anymore (as you can see in the images it stands in a compressed position. This for me is a very smart thing because in a match pistol you don't need that safety.:confused:
As you can see in the other pictures the original box isn't great and it doens't come with fancy accessories... NOT EVEN THE SAFETY MANUAL!!!!:roll:
said so I hope that someone find it usefull or at least interesting and once angain i apologyze for my bad english :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tryed to upload other pictures... i'll try tomorrow (here in italy are 00.52 in the morning so i'll just say goodnight!!!!!!!):p

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Well that's cool :). Ty, for sharing, I haven't seen that type of trigger stop used on this model before, we use basically two other methods to get same results

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very cool. Did it come with the 4 mags? Or did you buy an extra. I wish ours came with 4 mags instead of the mag puch and holster.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Do they no longer make HSM's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today i went to my local gunsmith and he put a cylindrical piece of steel in my spring guide to make it weight more instead of change. in the picture isn't that clear to see but it is the best i could do.
I hope that it would be usefull to someone that want less muzzle rising and don't wont spend to much money in that.
i'm worried that the plastic on the mag breaks when i let them fall to the ground while speed reloading... any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
If the mag is empty or close to it you shouldnt have a probpem with speed loading and dropping the mag. You may have to replace a baseplate after many many repeats. But I dont see it damaging the mag. Honestly I wouldnt worry about it. Now a few full mag dumps. With 19 9mm 147gr. Or 13 230gr .45. You may have a problem thats a lot of weight and a lot of force hitting the deck. But why would you mag dump a full mag? Haha.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Now that i found more time i'll show you another difference that I (think) I found looking trought your XDM... as you can see from the images my barrel aint black; it has a inox finish:mrgreen:.
After shooting it i found the trigger reset too much long so i putted the ORIGINAL AFTERMARKET trigger kit. I spent like 70 euro, like 90 USD, and now my reset perfect and, as i saw in some youtube videos, it looks like mine is even shorter. (as soon as i have an opportunity i'll post the video. But this is not all; buying the original match trigger kit means that your 1911 style safety ( i don't know the name) isn't working anymore (as you can see in the images it stands in a compressed position. This for me is a very smart thing because in a match pistol you don't need that safety.:confused:
As you can see in the other pictures the original box isn't great and it doens't come with fancy accessories... NOT EVEN THE SAFETY MANUAL!!!!:roll:
said so I hope that someone find it usefull or at least interesting and once angain i apologyze for my bad english :rolleyes:
Not sure exactly what your trigger kit entailed, but if you replaced the sear, and your grip safety doesn't engage, you're supposed to file down the engagement surface on the bottom rear of the sear until the safety works properly.

Did the instructions specifically say it eliminates the grip safety? Or it just ended up that way?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have a HS XDm 9mm (Northern Ireland). Just to clarify one point, in Italy 9X19mm are not allowed to be owned by civilians as they are designated a military caliber. This pistol featured is the 9X21mm variant as shown in the picture.

Great pistols and only marking are not on pistol are the springfield markings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts