Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a gun sale in hopes of picking up a few things that were in the sale flyer. They were supposed to have XDs for $439 and XDms for $539. Called ahead this past week and they were in stock but when we got there this morning none were to be found at that price.
So, on the way home we stopped at one of the local shops. My father in law ordered a black XD .45 service. I ordered a black/OD XDm 9mm 4.5". Should be here within a week. Can't wait to get them. I'm planning to use the 9mm for IDPA once I become proficient with it. Now to order a belt and holster. I'm planning to go with the wilderness belt and blade tech idpa pak. I'll need to find another mag yet too.

·
Premium Member
127,161 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats on your recent purchase.

Welcome to XDTalk!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Jealous = me :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the range this past week with my XD .45. I shoot better with this gun at 15 and 25 yds then anything I've ever shot. I know why my FIL had to have one. I didn't even want the .45 when I got it as part of a used gun package deal. If the XDm 9mm shoots anything like it I will be thrilled.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I can shoot 6" and 8" pie plates at 25 yds all day long with my XD9. I think you will love it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think if you like the xd, then an XDm is going to be a real treat. For me, the xdm 9 with the full length bbl is super easy to put holes in holes at some distance. Congratulations. Better add a 3.8 compact to round out the collection.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Grats. My father just bought a XD45 Tactical and it is a very nice gun. I'm sure you will like the XDm. It is a fine pistol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Patiently waiting for my XDm to arrive. I went ahead and ordered a wilderness instructors belt and blade tech IDPA pak. Took awhile to decide on the blade tech over the comp tac. I had only seen the blade tech in person, not the comp tac, so I went with it because the quality appeared decent and reviews have been good. I also placed an order with Springer Precision. Looks like my magwell, extra mag, slam pads, and extended mag release should arrive today. That is some fast shipping. Also just received a rubber grip set from southwest arms. I put grip tape on my XD .45 and love the difference it made in not having to adjust my grip so much. I hope the rubber style grip works as well.
I'll be all set once the gun arrives. :):p:cool::twisted:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations....J just picked up my first XD 45 Tactical 5", of all places on places craigslist.com, it was too big for the sellers hands :) It was released from Cali Jail on the 14th, went on calguns looking for two additional 10rds mags, no luck! I was about to buy two from Brownells (with my FFL discount), something said check Srpingfield.com....BAMM 10rds mags on sale for Fathers day, free shipping - $42.00 for two!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sucks. I hardly ever go on their website because it's flash and since we got an iPad I never surf on the pc anymore. Missed out on that deal. I'm in need of a few more XDm 9mm mags. I bought slam pads from springer precision but ordered 3 sets of 5 when I only needed 1 set of 5. Anyone need some .250 slam pads. I'm never gonna use all of these and I don't know anyone with an XDm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up my XDm 9mm this afternoon. Installed grip tape while I was at the shop, ordered 3 more mags and the shop owner offered to install the SP extended mag release I had. Took him maybe 2 mins.

Headed to the range for about an hour. I'm not the best shot, but I shoot the XDm better then my XD 45.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
15 yards off hand - I'm happy with it.

I think I'd like a different front sight. My XD 45 has trijicon night sights and I love em. Don't really want to shell out for trijicons though and don't really need night sights. Maybe a green fiber optic front with the standard rears. Any suggestions? Gotta make sure it's still legal for IDPA too.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts