Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Thanks for the great forum! I've been lurking for a few days while looking for an XD40 (also considered the XD9.) I'd been shopping online for a while, mostly at Buds since they seem to have the best prices but their CA legal guns are only in stock for a very short time (ie. 10 minutes at most.)

So I finally ordered an XD40 Service today at a local gun shop here in San Diego. Went down there just to see what it's like to fire a .40 and they even had a used XD40 on display! At first they wouldn't even let me shoot it, but after I took the CA HSC test they let me try it on their range and even loaned me a 9mm HK to compare against. I didn't notice much difference in recoil between the two so I decided to take the plunge and go for the 40! I talked them into knocking off $20 from their price and ordered a new one with the kit - I'll be sure to get the two free clips from SA due to their XD promotion.

I can't wait to get out there and do some shooting! This is my first gun, although I've shot various firearms ever since I was a kid. I stopped by wally world on the way home and they had Winchester .40 for ~$14/50 and Blazer Brass for $12/50 :mrgreen:

Now I just need to sit back and wait for the DROS to clear... :|

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks for the great forum! I've been lurking for a few days while looking for an XD40 (also considered the XD9.) I'd been shopping online for a while, mostly at Buds since they seem to have the best prices but their CA legal guns are only in stock for a very short time (ie. 10 minutes at most.)

So I finally ordered an XD40 Service today at a local gun shop here in San Diego. Went down there just to see what it's like to fire a .40 and they even had a used XD40 on display! At first they wouldn't even let me shoot it, but after I took the CA HSC test they let me try it on their range and even loaned me a 9mm HK to compare against. I didn't notice much difference in recoil between the two so I decided to take the plunge and go for the 40! I talked them into knocking off $20 from their price and ordered a new one with the kit - I'll be sure to get the two free clips from SA due to their XD promotion.

I can't wait to get out there and do some shooting! This is my first gun, although I've shot various firearms ever since I was a kid. I stopped by wally world on the way home and they had Winchester .40 for ~$14/50 and Blazer Brass for $12/50 :mrgreen:

Now I just need to sit back and wait for the DROS to clear... :|
Congrats! I have the same gun and love it. I too am a fan of Wallyworld BB...buy a box everytime you go in...your stockpile will quickly grow...

Welcome to the forum.

Chris

·
Registered
855 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :) Congrats on ordering your new XD, too!

If you have to buy ammo locally, buying one box a time every time you hit Wal-mart is definitely the way to go. You end up paying just as much for ammo but it doesn't seem to hurt as bad when you're only spending $15-$20 at a time. :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
I too participate in the Wal-Mart ammo plan. In fact, the only question my wife asks me before going is "what caliber do you want this time?" I love that woman.

Congrats on the new XD!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought one a week ago and have put around 300 rounds through it without a problem,maybe I'll clean it up today and go shoot some more. Great gun so far! I'm sure you'll like yours as well. After I get a 1000 count I'll probally get it qualified so I can conceal carry it, I think it would be a good carry gun. Good luck and enjoy:)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Great purchase. Had one and sold it when I went with the 9sc. Kinda miss it though. Local Wall Mart's ammo is getting scarce. Buy it when they have it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey what store in SD did you get it from? Not many places i know in SD will take off a few bucks their prices.
Discount Gun Mart. Make sure to hem and haw a little bit and be prepared to walk out. I noticed the dealer cost on their computer screen and it's $414, so there's still a lot of profit in it for them. Bud's online had the XD40 Tactical for $445 and you know they are still making money. You'd negotiate when buying an automobile, why not do the same when buying a gun?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discount Gun Mart. Make sure to hem and haw a little bit and be prepared to walk out. I noticed the dealer cost on their computer screen and it's $414, so there's still a lot of profit in it for them. Bud's online had the XD40 Tactical for $445 and you know they are still making money. You'd negotiate when buying an automobile, why not do the same when buying a gun?
Oh yea I know that place, there is one guy thats cool there, Think his name is Colby, sold me a rifle for a good price. Guess will check them out for my XD purchase :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will enjoy that 40 cal XD . Mine is a week old and has 300 rounds through it. i LOVE IT.
MAN, Wally World must be the best place in the nation to purchase ammo!! I have that plan too.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Congrats on you purchase...just be prepared to buy more.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome to the forum and a Big Congrats on your purchase! Be sure & get the form & receipt copy in to Springfield for the Gear-Up Promo ASAP. There are a LOT of Super Nice Guys and Ladys here!
Welcome! :p
The Wal Mart buy a box plan on the Blaxer Brass works very well too! Get as much as you can, while you can! :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts