Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put in all my paperwork for my 1st M1. I can't wait. I ordered a field grade and a ammo box of Greek ammo in clips. Wow now I can say I put my clip in my gun and not get jumped.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Cool. Take plenty of pics. Then post them for those of us unable to get one yet. Also let me know what year it is.

:rolleyes:I want to try and get WWII guns all the same year. Thought it would be neat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went to the CMP store in Anniston, AL, back in March or April and was able to pick out a 1942 Winchester, field grade. It has some nicks, dings, and scratches but that is what I wanted, gives it some character. It is great fun to shoot, hearing the trademark "ping" as the clip ejects. My folks live there and next time I go visit I am going back to do more looking and to pick up a couple more boxes of ammo.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to the CMP store in Anniston, AL, back in March or April and was able to pick out a 1942 Winchester, field grade. It has some nicks, dings, and scratches but that is what I wanted, gives it some character.
I thought they only sold military?
On another note: I picked up a Marlin 336 for about $200 last summer. Clean bore but it had had a hard life. Cracked stock, some rust, broken firing pin (LGS fixed it free), the insides had never been cleaned. A couple of nights of TLC and I have a nice shooter with great character.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I thought they only sold military?
Nope, you can just walk in and search through the racks to pick out the one you want. The requirements are no different than if you order one online. I had my Garand shipped but walked with the ammo. If you walk with the rifle you have to pay 9% sales tax, if you ship it (out of state) you only pay $22.50 shipping, overnight FedEx. Conversely, it is cheaper to pay the tax on the ammo than it is to pay shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I put in all my paperwork for my 1st M1. I can't wait. I ordered a field grade and a ammo box of Greek ammo in clips. Wow now I can say I put my clip in my gun and not get jumped.
Remember you'll want to do a complete strip down and clean on her when she shows up.

I wrote an article on the process that you might find useful. [Field Strip your M1 Garand]

Eric

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the conformation e-mail. The wait is killing me.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I finally got it just over 30 days. The bore is nice and bright and the stock has caractor. I won't have time to shoot it till next week.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You will love the M1 !!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you looked up your serial number to see when it was manufactured? I got one about 15 years ago from CMP that was manufactured in Jan 1941. Its a great weapon. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you looked up your serial number to see when it was manufactured? I got one about 15 years ago from CMP that was manufactured in Jan 1941. Its a great weapon. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts