Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopping in to say hello to everyone. Been around the forum for a little while, never really post though. I am currently a sworn LEO in Nebraska and carry an XD40 service model w/Trijicon night sights in all black as my duty weapon and an XD40 sc on the ankle for backup while on duty.

Anyways, with all this Obama crap going on I decided that I wanted to get myself an AR before it's too late. My department just got 6 brand new Bushmaster XM15-e2s's (added to their Colt fully auto M16's our investigators carry). I decided I'd go with the same and contacted a local dealer that always helps us out.

I originally called him to place an order for a Bushmaster M4 A3 setup, he said due to the demand I'd need department letter head for priority reservation and it'd take approximately 2-3 months (in contrast Bushmaster was telling him 6 month wait for civilians).

So I drive to the shop, he surprises me by telling me that he just spoke to one of his distributors that has two NIB Bushmaster M4 a3's that are reserved for Law Enforcement purchase only. I let him know this is for personal use and not duty, he went ahead and told me it wasn't a big deal and advised me to stop in on 11/18/08 to pick up my new AR. He's unsure of pricing but promised it to be no more that $930 w/tax.

I'm excited and will be in as soon as I'm off work on Tuesday. I'll post pics up as soon as possible. Even better is that I'll have it prior to Thanksgiving and be able to sight it in on the grandparents farm!

I need to start ordering some goodies for it, so far my only major plans include 5 more 30rd mags and an Eotech sight. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've never owned an AR before, but have had no trouble adjusting to the M4's we carry on duty (shot about 1000 rounds) from the hunting rifles I grew up shooting.

Anyways, just thought I'd stop in and say hello. Pics will be up when I pick my new baby up.

TMMR03

·
Registered
229 Posts
congrats bud welcome to the black rifle sickness!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
That's a sexy rifle you got there!

I have one just like it, Colt 6920. Only difference I can see is that yours will have the thinner fore grip on it. I wish mine had the small one, but it has the fat one on it. Only downfall of the colt IMO =). Although some would say the only downfall is my small hands :p

If you don't want it let me know =). I'm sure you could make a 100 bucks off of it from me hehe

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Congrats on the new hotness! Good luck on finding those 30 rounders.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Find TJ right NOW. Hint: check the Pmag thread.

Congrats on the Bushie, it should serve you well.

Any suggestions on sites for Pmags?

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Congrats i just picked up the same EBG but mine cost me 970 before tax. Have not had the chance to shoot it yet but when I will I will report back.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I own a couple of Bushmaster M4’s and like them very much. One of them I have set up with an EOTech holographic sight and a Surefire M500A weapon light. It’s my primary bump in the night long gun. I am sure you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Find TJ right NOW. Hint: check the Pmag thread.

Congrats on the Bushie, it should serve you well.

TJ has 8 left I believe, he is selling them to us XDtalkers before he takes them to Arf.com's EE. He is doing us a solid.
20dollars a pop w/ shipping included in price. that is for windowed black Pmags, which was about the going rate for them pre-election. now said mags are going for 25-30$ pre-shipping.

btw, Stewiegriffen is selling off 12 Cproducts USGI mags on the PMAG thread also. he is selling 12 mags for 132 w/shipping, basically 11$ a mag which was the going rate pre-election as well with shipping. the cproducts mags can be found for 9.99 pre-shipping online.

congrats on joining us in the disease.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Sounds cool, post a pic if you can. We love pics of new members of the family. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
I've owned a Bushy Shorty A2 for some time now. Wish I'd gotten the flat top, but didn't realize at time of purchase that I'd do all my shooting with optics. I guess I have no Rambolista genes, as I just see my AR as a range/varmint toy. Just mounted a PDP3 red dot scope on the carry handle and will sight in today, weather-permitting.

I'd highly recommend swapping out that crappy Bushy trigger...maybe for a RRA or Smith Enterprises trigger. I lube my AR with Mobil 1, 15W50...won't cook off the bolt and carrier when things heat up.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Congratulations! I bought the same rifle back in April of this year, and I am very pleased with mine. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the comments, I'll definately get pictures up when I pick it up. As for magazines, I picked up two Pmags at my local gun shop and ordered another online (all black non-windowed). Being this is my first AR, I think 4 total is enough until Xmas.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Congrats.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Is it a coincidence that we photograph the black rifles on our BEDS?

Oh, what would Freud say?
A lot of guys I know would've told Freud the floor was too piled up to get a good picture. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
I wish that I could afford one of them
thar 'black rifles' :p

Congrats.

Ed

·
Registered
905 Posts
Congrats!
I just picked up a like new e2S 20" from a fellow gun club member. Great gun. I got the Black Rifle Disease pertty bad. It'll serve you well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts