Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James,

I sent you a PM regarding my order.

Can anyone give me an indication of how quickly James usually ships out orders?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
R.E.Lee said:
Can anyone give me an indication of how quickly James usually ships out orders?
A better question is how quickly he responds to requests? I've emailed & PM'd him 2 weeks ago but so far, silence.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just remember, its the holiday season and a lot of folks either travel, have overloaded schedules, or get innundated with work (i'm personally one of the latter). I know the few times I've needed to contact ajames he's been pretty prompt in answering. Seems the only real compaints about his response time has been during the holidays. Just a thought.

Matthew

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
msidner said:
Just remember, its the holiday season and a lot of folks either travel, have overloaded schedules, or get innundated with work (i'm personally one of the latter). I know the few times I've needed to contact ajames he's been pretty prompt in answering. Seems the only real compaints about his response time has been during the holidays. Just a thought.

Matthew
But yet you have time to make superimposed pictures of the XD-45 over a G21? That takes time on the computer... Doesn't take about 10 secs to respond to a PM to say if it's backordered, I'll get to it this week, it's shipping out tomorrow.. Heck it took me less than 30 secs to type all this out.

I truly understand it's the holiday season and people are backed up. Just take the time to acknowledge your customers instead of leaving them in the dark wondering what the heck is going on. If James would of sent me an email saying he will be backed up at least a week or two I would of been okay. It's been almost 2 weeks with no response.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
021411 said:
msidner said:

Matthew
But yet you have time to make superimposed pictures of the XD-45 over a G21? That takes time on the computer... Doesn't take about 10 secs to respond to a PM to say if it's backordered, I'll get to it this week, it's shipping out tomorrow.. Heck it took me less than 30 secs to type all this out.
:roll:

You need to settle down!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
AJames is the #1 resource for XD info on the planet.
It's the holiday season, and he's slammed for certain.
Many companies are dark for 2 weeks (granted, mostly non-retail) and won't be back until Tuesday, and I don't think (I could be wrong) that xd-hs2000.com is a fully staffed store, it's just one man trying to make it happen.
Perhaps cut the dude some slack, I'd suggest give him until the end of the week or so.
Granted, that is not the type of customer service feedback times you'd expect from Cabelas or SpringfieldArmory, but those are large corporations with call centers, etc.
There are a number of odd internet vendors who are fully staffed and have mighty slow feedback times (WholesaleHunter, Botac, others...), so, as xdtalk.com members, it's important to cut him extra slack unless you are in a big rush.
AJames rules.
Happy New Year.
Things are probably going to get darker before they get better; we've all got to try to do our part and be more patient and more compassionate, the planet is overflowing with hate and fear. We've got to support the good guys and the underdogs and pull through together.
Stepping off the soapbox now, .223 cents.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I decided to go with Tripp to have my XD-40 refinished. I could've had it there and back already in the time that I've been waiting for a response from James (if I ever get one at all.)

It's good that James has so much business that it keeps him busy and I've read that he doesn't work weekends and that's his choice, but at some point he's going to have to decide how successful he wants to become, and that involves working long hours, including weekends and/or hiring extra help. Currently, he appears to be losing customers because of his workload/lack of communication, but if he's ok with that, then that's fine.

I think at the very least, he should maybe have an auto-respond set up so that when someone does email him, they get a reply, saying "Due to the holidays, workload, natural disasters, etc, it will be several weeks/months before I get back to you." That would give the potential customer some idea of the wait time and they could then plan accordingly or look elsewhere.

Nothing chases away a potential customer quicker than the perception that he's being ignored by the company that he wants to do business with.

Good luck with your business, James. I hope it does well.

JD

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Speaking as a business owner of a small business, there are times that you just HAVE to take off of work.

Just because you are on the computer does not mean that you need to respond to all of your emails.

The brain needs a rest every now and then of normal work, playing on the computer may just be the break that is needed to keep one's sanity.

I respond to phone calls 24/7 90% of the time. There are times when I need to NOT work. I would imagine Ajames51 has the same needs, as well as many others.

Until you walk a mile in another man's shoe's......

·
Registered
18 Posts
tec said:
Speaking as a business owner of a small business, there are times that you just HAVE to take off of work.
I agree completely. My father is self employed and had been even before I was born. He hasn't known the luxury of a 40 hour work week/free weekends in over 40 years. He also hasn't known the luxury of retiring at 65, but that's his choice and that's why he still has a business after all this time. He wouldn't have it any other way (unless he could hit on the damned lottery!) :)

As I stated before, a simple auto respond message from James would greatly help keeping his customers informed, even though there will be those that complain that all they've gotten was an auto respond message! :)

Just food for thought, I wish James the best.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
JimD said:
... a simple auto respond message from James would greatly help keeping his customers informed, quote]

+1
I need to do this on my phone message too, It would be a whole lot easier then having to do damage control on calls that I don't respond too in a timely manner.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm not mad or looking to spread vicious threads on XD-HS2000. ajamesp51 has a huge following with many happy customers. That I can't deny. As a consumer I just expect to be informed of the situation. The order I placed isn't a huge one (thank goodness). Most places that are closed for the holidays say so before you even place the order. What frustrates me is that I see ajamesp51 replying to other threads on the forum but can't take the time to update his customers. I'm not asking for the item tomorrow. I just want to know why it's being delayed. That's all I'm asking. Just send me something... As stated earlier it sucks being in the dark.
The new year just started. I want to kick it off right. The email I sent to James still stands. I just wish it could of been a bit smoother.... Maybe next time.
Happy new year!!! 8)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just came back to find this thread having blown up a little bit.

I think everyone who is quick to defend Ajames is doing so a little fervently/innappropriately in this situation. I have had to send James a bunch of PMs to see if he even received my order, and then more PMs to see when it would be shipping, etc. (I still dont think it has and my order is more than a week old)

Yes, I agree business can be overwhelming.....heres an idea: TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS YOU ARE OVERWHELMED. :roll: It would be so much easier than just leaving customers in the dark to hope they get an order some day.

I sent him another PM yesterday about my order and as I expected havent heard back nor will I. I also know he doesnt work weekends, but maybe if he is going to expand his customer base, he should consider expanding his hours.. :eek:

I am in the same boat as 021411, in that I would at the point rather order from Pistol-Gear as my order consisted merely of (1) snap cap and (1) jar of armadillo.....there is no labor, nothing but throwing it in a box....However, I am still in the dark with regard to what status my order sits in....is it maybe going to ship this week??? Maybe the next week? (meanwhile he said I would have already had it by yesterday, 12/31)

This is not an attack on Ajames, as I have had no contact with him other than this horribly lackluster customer service experience..I would like to either get my order....or ideally I would give my money to someone who cares about keeping me informed. Hell, I have no problem paying a premium for customer service.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
He has written in the forum that he is running behind, what with the holiday rush, everybody wants it all now.

I won a re-finnish job from him in the raffle. He wanted to know when I was going to send my slide in for it to be done, I realized the end of the year rush would be going on and told him I would wait until after the new year rush of everybody wanting everything now.

People can slam him.
People can defend him.
Do what you want, just use common sense when placing an order. When I get a job from a customer, The good customers will ask me for a time table, the problem customers say they don't care when it will be done, and then do.

As far as him posting here on the gun nut site, again, this is is work and his hobby, he can be here but not be working.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Well If you Pm me my box has been 100% full for some time, its back down again.

And for ordering everything has been sent if you ordered before Christmas.
If you ordered certian items like ergo mag loaders one of my orders comming in has been lost in the Christmas mail. More are coming in and should ship out around Wed.

E-mails..........Alot of e-mail cliants wont accept my e-mails, or they are atuomatically sent to the trash box.

Refunds no problem I get on those.

As for me being busy I am and it will only get worse, I am buying a store front so I will now be adding a traditional store front. I am also adding other gunsmithing services and some other secrets. I Just found out the local city have approved the chemicals I need so some oher fun stuff is coming. It sucked trying to prove disposal and that I would not dump them down the drain. Since I will have to now pay a lot of new overhead sometime after the shot show I will add some new employees.

The emplyees is what I am most scared of. I have tried out several people and there has been nothing but problems. Mail has not been sent or lost or stolen I just ont know If I dont personally pack and send every single order. This christmas ****ing sucked (excuse my language). An unusual amount of packages have just disappeared.......The postage was paid and it seems if the stuff was sent on paper, but a perfect example was a flashlight laser That on paper was sent and never delivered. I have tried people in actually doing the duracoats or installing sights......That was a mistake Dev I still appologize to you. Other people just dont have the care I do and since they have nothing to loose like I do they just dont care.

Please understand I am trying out several things it was a whole lot easier when I only had a few dozen orders a month instead of a couple hundred.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Ajamesp51, I feel your pain, welcome to the joys of small business.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
See, that's all it took. A little explaining goes a long way.. 8)
If the package I ordered was shipped before X-Mas, it's probably lost somewhere in the system. What carrier did you use? I had a package shipped to me via USPS Priority close to X-Mas time and it has already been delivered.

I apologize if I seemed frustrated and irrate. I just wanted some insight on what was going on from the horse's mouth.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My argument didnt really involve the backup he is experiencing...as I said, he simply had to throw snap caps and a jar of armadillo in a box and then mail it to me. This would take about as long as it did for me to place the order in the first place.

I understand a backup..but couldnt he atlease keep me updated on where my order stands?

Am I problem customer for asking him to ship my products out in a timely fashion?? NO..a reasonable customer would be more like it...Im not asking for a labor intensive product......JUST 2 ITEMS THROWN IN A BOX!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oops..didnt see the second page here... :shock:

Ajames, were you going to notify any of us about shipment? I would have really liked to know that it wouldnt be here before tommorrow when I need to drive back to school.

As I stated in my PM..now I will need to incur further charges to have my package shipped to me in Virginia, whereas when I ordered and was told it would arrive to me in NJ last week I could have been here to receive it and saved those extra charges....

Whats done is done, though. 8)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts