Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
I've been looking at a FF3 but right now its looking like i'm going to try out the trijicon reflex sight rx01.

I hear the ff3 is great though.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
If preset brightnesses aren't important to you (the FastFire 3 auto adjusts AND has presets) you can save some money with the FastFire 2:
Burris FastFire II Red-Dot Reflex Sight 4 MOA Dot Reticle Picatinny Weaver Mount SALE 300231 300230

With the 2, you have to remove the sight to change the battery, on the 3 the battery can be changed without removing the sight.

Leupold makes the Deltapoint - but it's more expensive than the FastFire 3.
Results for deltapoint - Sorted by Best Match on Page 1 All 4 items. - OpticsPlanet

Vortex makes the Razor Red Dot:
Vortex Razor Red Dot Reflex Sight FREE S H RZR-2001 RZR-2003. Vortex Red Dot Sights.

Trijicon has the RMR:
Trijicon RMR Sight Adjustable LED - 3.25 MOA Red Dot Sight RM06 FREE S H Trijicon Red Dot Sights

EOTech has a mini red dot:
EOTech Mini Red Dot Sight Basic Kit FREE S H MRD-000-A1 MRD-000-A2. EOTech Red Dot Sights.

Mark H.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
If preset brightnesses aren't important to you (the FastFire 3 auto adjusts AND has presets) you can save some money with the FastFire 2:
Burris FastFire II Red-Dot Reflex Sight 4 MOA Dot Reticle Picatinny Weaver Mount SALE 300231 300230

With the 2, you have to remove the sight to change the battery, on the 3 the battery can be changed without removing the sight.

Results for deltapoint - Sorted by Best Match on Page 1 All 4 items. - OpticsPlanet

Vortex Razor Red Dot Reflex Sight FREE S H RZR-2001 RZR-2003. Vortex Red Dot Sights.

Trijicon has the RMR:
Trijicon RMR Sight Adjustable LED - 3.25 MOA Red Dot Sight RM06 FREE S H Trijicon Red Dot Sights

EOTech Mini Red Dot Sight Basic Kit FREE S H MRD-000-A1 MRD-000-A2. EOTech Red Dot Sights.

Mark H.
Mark I went ahead and ordered the Trijicon RX34 from you guys last week. Tracking is showing a landing date of Friday. First order from opticsplanet you guys are great.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Trijicon has the RMR:

Mark H.
Thanks for the reply Mark. I looked at the FF2 but I would rather not have to remove the optic for battery replacements. As for the others the one I like the best over the FF3 is the Deltapoint as I love Leupold products but I just can justify that price for a shotgun.

Looks like I will be getting the FF3 soon.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Thanks, appreciate the kind words (and the orders)! My Fastfire II went back on the 1911 last night, bore sighted this morning before the commute, and hopefully will do some shooting over in Indiana this weekend.

I've managed not to lose the cover that came with it, and it does a marvelous job of keeping the lens clean - over time I have added a thin strip of tape to the inside to keep it tight, it's a friction fit.

Would like to see Burris release an FDE option, just can't bring myself to rattle can my own optics.

Mark H.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Oh, one other bonus of the FF3 over the FF2 (at least in my opinion) is that in addition to the auto-adjust brightness of the FF2, the FF3 also has preset brightnesses. I like the dot to be brighter than it is most of the time on my FF2 - personal preference - and the FF3 solves that.

Mark H.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Burris makes a mount for the XD... you drift out the rear sight, and it replaces the rear sight. I like the fact that Burris offers individual mounts - Leupold makes you buy the "All Mounts Kit" for their Deltapoint.

Burris 410328 Mount - Springfield XD (UPC: 000381103284 )
Burris FastFire Reflex Red-Dot Sight Mounting Plates — 16 options

Here's a photo by member Gunzzi from another XD/FastFire thread here on xdtalk:

I use the 1911 mount with a FastFire II, and it's quite solid.

Mark H.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Burris makes a mount for the XD... you drift out the rear sight, and it replaces the rear sight. I like the fact that Burris offers individual mounts - Leupold makes you buy the "All Mounts Kit" for their Deltapoint.

Burris 410328 Mount - Springfield XD (UPC: 000381103284 )
Burris FastFire Reflex Red-Dot Sight Mounting Plates — 16 options

Here's a photo by member Gunzzi from another XD/FastFire thread here on xdtalk:

I use the 1911 mount with a FastFire II, and it's quite solid.

Mark H.
Great timing on this post. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on FF3s. Probably 3 of them for my 9mm's. Appreciate the input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.