Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the gun range on saturday playing with my new colt gunsite 1911 and xd9sc and noticed an ad:

Springfield Armory .40 4" with crimson trace laser grip $475.

I called him up and asked about it. It is only about 1.5 years old and he wants to switch to a m&p. I had been seriously considering dropping $329 for a crimson trace. This just means that for an extra $145 I am getting a used service .40 with 4" in good condition.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
I was at the gun range on saturday playing with my new colt gunsite 1911 and xd9sc and noticed an ad:

Springfield Armory .40 4" with crimson trace laser grip $475.

I called him up and asked about it. It is only about 1.5 years old and he wants to switch to a m&p. I had been seriously considering dropping $329 for a crimson trace. This just means that for an extra $145 I am getting a used service .40 with 4" in good condition.
BUY BUY BUY... can never have to many XD's

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So can I buy the .40 off you for $200? :-D
Ima poor college student and cant afford higher prices :\
Tell you what... I will trade you the 40 straight up in exchange for that pc you are bragging about in your sig - with monitor and liquid cooling included... ; 0

Z

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dang.. that rocks :p

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Tell you what... I will trade you the 40 straight up in exchange for that pc you are bragging about in your sig - with monitor and liquid cooling included... ; 0

Z
I'll trade him a XD9 with a "few" goodies and a S&W M&P 9mm. :p

·
Registered
531 Posts
How about eff you all >.< lol

Do you all have any clue how much my PC costs? The fastest CPU on sale in the world is the QX9770 @ 3.0Ghz which retails for $1,499. My CPU is @ 3.5Ghz... so that would be $3,000 retail on shelves?! :-D

AND THATS THE CPU ALONE!

On that note however I am able to sell it for the right price or custom build PC rigs.
I also do home networking and random PC tech. I also am willing to custom build PC's for the right firearms ^_^

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Do you all have any clue how much my PC costs? The fastest CPU on sale in the world is the QX9770 @ 3.0Ghz which retails for $1,499. My CPU is @ 3.5Ghz... so that would be $3,000 retail on shelves?! :-D
Nope, we are all idiots. We have no clue of the things you know ... I'm just curious you do realize it's 2008, right? Technology is pretty wide spread. I've got a Q6600, too. :wink::roll:

PS: I even have the same video card, memory, and speakers. 22" HP monitor, Logitech G11 board, Logitech MX517 mouse, different HDs though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Geee... if I have a Q6600 too, am I as good as you guys? :cool:

Of course, mine is 500GB's in a RAID 10 configuration, and dual 22" LCD's :p

·
Registered
531 Posts
Why raid 10? Waste.
I could mention my 42" 1080P HDTV LCD as my main screen but Ill leave that outa my sig. I used to have two LG 22" flatrons but sold the other one because I didnt need the extra screen real estate.

And no, just because you got a Q6600 doesnt mean its running at 3.6Ghz. It means its at 2.4Ghz. I think thatd be about 1.2Ghz slower per core. ^_^

Im gonna say it once for your own sake, dont start a technological knowledge contest. I WILL win. :p

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
If you can't handle a joke, let me know. I'll take it down for you.

Im gonna say it once for your own sake, dont start a technological knowledge contest. I WILL win. :p

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nope, we are all idiots. We have no clue of the things you know ... I'm just curious you do realize it's 2008, right? Technology is pretty wide spread. I've got a Q6600, too. :wink::roll:

PS: I even have the same video card, memory, and speakers. 22" HP monitor, Logitech G11 board, Logitech MX517 mouse, different HDs though.
Now without using google tell me what FSB, Vcore, and Vdroop is and how it relates to multipliers. Also count from 0 - F in binary.
Feel free to discuss the difference between x86 and x64 systems.

I can take the joke but again:
Seriously, do you want to argue tech with a software engineer? :roll:

edit: here's half the binary to give you a good hint:

·
Registered
23 Posts
congrats on your new purchase, that sounds like a steal! Only now you have 3 calibers to keep feed.

And dont worry about these other guys hijacking a thread, some people are just silly.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Thanks for proving my point. :lol:

Now on with your regularly scheduled thread.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for proving my point. :lol:

Now on with your regularly scheduled thread.
Lol, then dont try and impose that you know as much as I do and we'll all be fine.

P.s. stop editing your posts so damn much, its hard to reply to em when the content changes.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'll just clarify. No one "imposed" they knew more than you. I'm sure someone knows more than you. I'm sure I know more than you in other areas. It's part of life but to come across like no one else knows anything, that you're better than someone else, etc isn't going to get you very far in life. If you can't see that's what we were getting at than it's going to be a tough one. I might of taken it wrong but that's how it sure sounded like in your original post. As far as editing my posts. The only post I've edited was my last one where I mis-spelled a word. Seriously though, lets get back to your thread. Otherwise, if you want to talk about it shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'll just clarify. No one "imposed" they knew more than you. I'm sure someone knows more than you. I'm sure I know more than you in other areas. It's part of life but to come across like no one else knows anything, that you're better than someone else, etc isn't going to get you very far in life. If you can't see that's what we were getting at than it's going to be a tough one. I might of taken it wrong but that's how it sure sounded like in your original post. As far as editing my posts. The only post I've edited was my last one where I mis-spelled a word. Seriously though, lets get back to your thread. Otherwise, if you want to talk about it shoot me a PM.
Aight, but you should understand my post in this thread wasnt mines better than everyone elses just to boast. If you were selling a truck and you customized it to be better Im damn sure you would point out those advantages.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts