Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am looking to trade up my XD-40. I was thinking of getting the Duo-tone .40. Mine is the standard model now(black). I use it for CCW so would I be better off switching to Duo or keeping the black? I would basically have to come up with $300 to upgrade.

Or, would I be better getting the slide hard chromed? I found a local guy that does firearms so I won't be without it for long.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If its going to cost you your xd AND 300 bucks...Heck NO! Get that bad boy chromed or gray armory coated.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Theres a place advertised on this site that will coat your slide for around 50 bucks or so. CCR Refinishing...maybe?

Spend the other 250 dollars you would have used for the "upgrade" on practice ammo, a decent CCL holster and maybe some nice night sights?

Just a suggestion.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with the above, just spend some money and get it refinished. just not worth an extra $300 to get the bi-tone...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Another vote for refinishing. Everyone knows the finish on the XD is crap, and everyone that owns one has to plan on refinishing it. Heck, I just think of it as part of the fun. :D Send it to APWCogan and get the slide done in Black Chrome. I've been wanting to see one. :twisted:

http://www.apwcogan.com/

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
MrTuffPaws said:
Hey, how about saving your money and just keeping the gun protected from rust?
Jeez!...You're no fun! :D

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Well you asked for it, here it is...I wouldnt sell or trade a gun that you have that you KNOW works for you and spend MORE money to get another of the same gun. My XD9sub is getting quite a bit of holster wear on the frame but thats ok, its not a pretty gun, its a working gun. I dont worry abot rust because I have an IWB holster with a sweatshield incorporated into it. I also field strip it and blow it out, and wipe it down EVERY week to keep the lint/dust out and keep it from rusting. One of the biggest rust contributors comes from your bare hands. Wipe it down once a week or so, let the finish wear on it and carry it with pride. If I want a show piece it will stay in the safe.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I'm with those suggesting that you refinish it and spend some money on accessorizing some more!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts