Springfield XD Forum banner

opinions re: o.d. green xd frame

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  AZRaptor 
#1 ·
this is just something i'm curious about: what do ya'll think of the o.d. green frame on the xd? one of the toughest things to find in a shop seems to be a black-on-black xd-9 (or 40) tactical. i did see and handle an xd-9 black w/o.d. green frame, and it started to grown on me, but i passed. just wondering some opinions out there. thanks.

#4 ·
Myself I don't care for the OD, it's not my cup of tea. However I also feel that XD has one of the better OD frames. It is dark enough to not seem too green.

I have mixed feelings about the Bi-Tones too, but for my next purchase I am considering a Bi-Tone XD40 Subcompact. Nice little package and I dont mind the colors on a smaller gun. In thinking about it, the OD Subcompact I checked out at the shop didn't look so bad either.

I think It's all about what you like. :)

Cheers

#12 ·
Savage*Henry said:
I think It's all about what you like. :)
I agreee, that if that's what "you" like, hey, more power to ya. But with the personal preference angle out of the way, I don't think it's very tactical if SA was trying to go for the "woodland camouflage" idea. While camouflage is very useful in many situations, I don't think the enemy is going to spot you because the the handle of your pistol is "clashing."

I can see it now..."Hey, that tree has a gun!"

Besides, black looks good with everything.

#13 ·
Well, it all started for me, the OD green thing,
when I bought my first one, a Grendal P11 in
.380ACP. Then the next one was a P11 KelTec
in 9mm (Grendal was KelTecs daddy).

Now an XD45GAP and then the other day, I
decided that I had enough OD green frames
and bought and XD-9 with an OD slide.

I really do not care for OD green, it is ugly,
bad looking, chincy, out of date..........??

By the way, Ajames has my slide from my 45GAP
and it applying a DuroCoat Desert Tan on it w/TruGlos.

Man, I am really going to have a bunch of
uglies lying around. Pretty is as pretty does,
ugly is as ugly does, they all shoot and go bang.
that is what counts.

Ed

#18 ·
Just go with what you like. The most important thing is that you know you want an XD so you can't go wrong! :D

I don't really dig OD green. I have a XD9SC that USED to be Bi-tone but now it is "Fusion" finished by CC with my own custom touches. I think it looks amazing but some may think it "blingy" (by the way...the word Bling or any version of it is over and should be stricken from our vocabulary) or "pimpish" or whatever.
The important thing is I KNOW it will go bang when I pull the trigger.

I didnt like the all black but then they grew on my so I purchased a XD40SC and I love it now too.

If you like OD then go for it...If you are having reservations then I would wait for EXACTLY what you want. If you hurry and get something other than what you want you will ultimately just go back to wanting what you did in the first place...that is my .02.

Good luck with your decision.

#21 ·
TheWillis said:
check out the "tan" one, its in one of these posts. I think that is pretty sweet, but then again I live out here near the desert.
Saw that one. I saw the Kimber Desert Warrior in the mag it was photo'd with at the local gun shop the other day. Looks nice, but man they ain't cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.