Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an individual locally who is selling a 1 year old Wilson elite pro for $2500 (they are $3,300 new). He says he is the original owner and has never fired it, and there are no marks/blemishes. I consider this about as good a deal as you get for a Wilson. What say you? Although I already own 2 1911's, I want a commander length for conceal carry (though I can and have carried the full length). I've always wanted a Wilson Combat, but have never had the chance to shoot one. I'm the kind of shooter who admits to being the weak link of the operation. By that I mean I don't shoot an XD or a Springfield to its max potential. So it isn't like I think it will make me a better shooter. Yes I do have enough money to buy it, but I make a little over average income. I've always considered WC to be for guys who make $100K a year.

Someone try to talk me off the ledge.

Or if you own a Wilson, post your pictures encouraging me to jump in the water. I hear the temperature is perfect.

·
Registered
29,876 Posts
I wouldn't talk you out of it.

If you've always wanted a Wilson, then by all means, go for it. They are fine pistols.

The price seems fair; there is one on GB with a buy it now price of $2800.

·
Registered
29,876 Posts
I should add a warning, however:

High end 1911's are addictive.

I bought a Baer earlier this year, and am now contemplating my second (stainless Stinger)...maybe a third (an older SRP built on a Para P14), too.

And I can't keep myself from looking at Nighthawks...

So, be warned.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wilson Combat makes amazing 1911s, but in my opinion if your going to spend that much, i'd go with a full length. Also, im personally not a fan of the coned barrel on the elite pro.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Go for it. The Elite Pro is an AWESOME gun! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts