Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have the factory white dot sights and wanted to opinions on upgrading sights. I have never shot Heine Sights before or night sights. Opinions from this knowledgeable group would be appreciated.

·
Registered
325 Posts
other people can probably tell you witch they like better over one another, I myself have Truglo TFO sights and love them. there easy to see day or night.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I put the XS Big Dot sights and i love them. Very easy and quick to line up. I was never a fan of the 3 dot so that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have TFO's on my .40 Service. I am very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I still have the factory white dot sights and wanted to opinions on upgrading sights. I have never shot Heine Sights before or night sights. Opinions from this knowledgeable group would be appreciated.
I don't know if it makes much difference on the service model. I've got stock sights on my 4", it's my carry pistol. I've got factory installed Trigicons on my tactical competition model. It's also my bedside security.
My tactical also has competition trigger and match grade barrel and heavy guide rod. With the 5" I shoot a two inch, five shot, group from ten-yards (offhand), the service model with stock barrel and guide rod can keep about 4" at 10-yards. I figure that 4" is good enough for social work, most of that stuff is done inside of 3 yards.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'll be going with the TFOs when the time comes ...

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I have the Dawson Precision adjustable sights on my 9MM tactical and love 'em. I tend to shoot at both short and long range depending on which range I am visiting so having the ability to adjust the sights is a 'must' for me. Not a great choice for a carry weapon since they are sorta large, but they function perfectly for my needs.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I'm happy with my Trijicons and Meprolights..
I bought a set of Heine Straight 8s for my XD9sc, but ended up selling them.
I never did install them.
My XD9sc was my main carry gun until I bought the Sig P239.
The STR 8's don't look good and a curved Sig slide.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I am also pleased with my Trijicon night sights. It was an easy transition from factory sights due to white outline for daytime. Tritium green for night sights was the added bonus.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trijicon seems to be the front runner. MAybe this will clarify...This is my carry weapon as well as some light competition shooting IDPA local. What I'm really interrested in is a better "combat sight" I have noticed that if I don't have a high contrast target ie. light target dark sight and the rear sight has any glare around it I have trouble picking up the front sight quick enough.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
If it were competition only, I would recommend some FOs (like Dawsons). But, since it is a carry weapon, I would go with some good night sights. I have Meprolights and I love 'em. They are super bright at night, but still pick up well during the day. I use them for HD, CC, IDPA, Steel, etc... Trijicons are pretty much the same, but I do like the Meprolights a bit better.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I have TFO's on my service XD45. Great sights. The fiber optics work great in daylight and the night sights work as well as the Meprolights on my Colt or the Trijicons on my Glock. IMHO, the TFO's are my choice for carry sights.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys...It's only a month old and I still need to practice with both eyes open...Used to shooting indoor 22 comp...I think in the long run though it will be sights that are 2 differnet colors like the Meprolights to pick up the front quicker...Won't know on the factory sights for sure until I shoot some local IDPA as well as some more range time.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've been 100% satisfied with my TFOs. They are incredibly easy to see day or night.

·
Premium Member
127,175 Posts
I have TruGlo TFOs on all my XDs and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TFO...fiber optic I assume??? drawing a blank on the acrinym:roll:

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I have Truglo TFOs on my XD-9 Tacticool and love them,just wish I could shoot better.LOL:mrgreen: here they are in complete darkness as if I could see what I am shooting at.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info...I think I like the look of the red/green combo...I need to get more trigger time with factory sights before I make the change.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts