Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting two of them, one for myself and one for my wife. I'd like one from Classicarms.us. They have them refinished, parkerized w/accessories for $239.00. I think that's a great deal. What do ya'll think about It. Give me some opinions on it. Thanks, Ponchomike.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Excellent pistols.

The double stack magazines are nice.

The 9x18 Makarov round has more power than the .380. Sellier & Bellot offer a 9x18 loading with hollow points for HD/SD, so you're not stuck with milspec/milsurp hardball ammo.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I got mine from AIM last year. It's an awesome little pistol, and very accurate. I've never seen a parkerized 82. Here is mine:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot I was wondering about them have heard nothing but good things about them. But kind of weary of the 9mm Mac. cartridge. I'll be getting a couple then.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The CZ-82 and the CZ-83 are the most sexiest pistols in that caliber to me :grin: .
I have a CZ-83 in .380 ACP . It is a Czech police gun made in 1987 .

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It is my primary carry.

Damn sexy , I think I am getting a bulge in my pants. :mrgreen:
Seriously , I love the CZ-82/83's . They are easy to completely dissassemble and are very simple guns , yet reliable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A bit late to post, but here is my delinquent put: Purchased mine a year ago and it was in pristine condition. Not even light holster wear. Mine looks just like the pic posted by fishngrits - that was pretty much the quality of the AIM CZ82s. It shoots well and is certainly more comfortable to carry than my XD9SC. My only warning is to clean after each trip to the range or it may FTF the next time out.

I prefer shooting my XD, but for carry it is just too blocky for me.

The only negative is the relative difficulty in obtaining the Mak round. Specialty stores carry it but not the Walmarts etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts