Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing one or two of them. I like that they have a lot of J.M. Brownings influence. I know that the 7.62x25/.30 Tok. is a very flat shooter and is very cheap and plentiful give me some honest opinions.

Thanks, PonchoMike.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Buy twice as much ammo as you think you'll shoot, so that you'll have extra squirreled away (i.e. if you were going to originally purchase a case get two).

If you have a source for mags, get a bunch because the one thing bad about the CZ-52 and TT-33 pistols is lack of availability of magazines.

I don't know anything specifically about the Romanian pistols though.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
You'll love it...BUT stay away from ANY & ALL Bulgarian surplus x25 ammo for the CZ52 and TT-33. It is NOT set up for a pistol and it WILL destroy the gun (in not much time at all) an possibly severely injure or kill you and/or any one with in 10' of you. Of course that is a worst case, it usually blows the slide off the TT-33 and sting/burns you hands. On the CZ-52, it usually cracks the slide and frags the chamber.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must be hotter loaded for sub guns eh!

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Must be hotter loaded for sub guns eh!
Ja, it is...S&B is pretty hot too. Better than the Romanian, but i like the Romanian ammo for plinking and pissing off the guys with long slide Glocks and 1911s. The x25 is seriously accurate in both pistols, the CZ does have a slight advantage though. S&B ammo has had some case issues with them being outta spec, but they shoot right between 'pistolet' ammo and 'Sub gun' ammo.

BTW, I hunt with a CZ52 right regularly for hare, pig, and other smaller game. This year, I'm gonna try for a white tail...they get close to you, like within 15yds...these things shoot like laser beams..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts