Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in on a thousand rounds of this with a buddy of mine. It came out to I think $4.50 per 50 rd box.

The thing is, at the range thursday, I had two FTF's thru my subcompact! 45 only fired about 45 rounds total.

I've never had a problem with my SC before, but i've only fired about 300 rounds so far.

Is this crap ammo, or is the FTF just a flukey thing? Worse, could brown bear be bad for XD's?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have never fired brown bears through my xd, but i always wonder how hard those steel cases are on the extractor, if i were you i would stay away from them and stick to brass. The little extra money for brass might be well worth it. My friend fires wolf and brown bear through there Ar 15 and ak's, but those have beefier extractors.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Brown bear sucks im my XD. All kinds of malfunctions. it is low powered too. You can definatley tell the difference between them and WWB. This is on FMJs though. Silver Bear works good though. Maybe the difference between Silver bears zinc coated and Brown Bears laquer coated cases??

·
Premium Member
22,487 Posts
ive posted on this ammo a few times, the hollowpoints worked ok, in my xd's, now the FMJ;s i had the same problem u are FTF's ,and they were consistant in loading ,got pop pop boom bang pop pop every rounds sounded different, i gues its ok, for target shooting around stuff but i wouldnt put my life on the line for it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys.
I only bought the brown bear for range ammo. I use winchesters for protecting my life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts