Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how you guys feel about the .40 tactical model because im looking to buy this one.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I love mine. I have both an XD-40 Service and Tactical and love them both. The Sevice seems to handle a bit nicer because the weight is more right above the hand. My Tactical points better and the longer sight radius is very noticable when shooting USPSA type shooting. I like my XD-40 Tactical a whole lot.

mcb

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine is great. Thousands of rounds through it, no malfunctions of any kind. Wipe it down often and no rust. It was my 1st XD (and 2nd--later sold the 2nd to fund Sub Com. .40), Now have one of each, 3", 4" and 5" all in .40. I shoot the cheapest .40 ammo I can find, Ultramax reloads, 180 gr, conical nose lead bullets and have yet to have any malfunctions with any of the three. UltraMax avail from SG, mailorder--$147.00/1000. Accuracy is highly adequate for 10 yard practice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have around 3500rds thru mine, I have not cleaned it once (I do wipe it down), and I have not had a single problem with it. Accuracy is great, and it feels great in my hand. Many *****, rabbits, skunks, badgers, etc have fallen to this gun since I purchased it (I carry it everyday on the farm).

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I just bought one, My first piece of tupperware I must say I'm impressed so far. Only 350rds through it but no stoppages of any kind. but I will be buying a mag loader my thumbs are killing me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i feel your pain on that one went to the range and shot 500 rounds with a rental and my hand hurts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have owned both the service and tactical in 40 S&W. Both shoot excellent, but I prefer the Tactical for matches. As others have said, it is a little heavier on the front, but really helps regain the sight picture.

Put about 500 rds through it, no cleaning yet and shoots great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts