Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...long story short, I'm trying to make a decision on what to do with my current ARs...

Before a month ago, I had an EOTech EXPS 2-0 on my 16" AR, and a EOTech 517 on my S&W M&P 15-22...

I bought an AR pistol last month, removed the 517 from the M&P and popped it on the pistol...thusly:

So...now my M&P is left with a sub par older red dot I had sitting around:

The issue is this...I use the crap out of the M&P, especially with close drill stuff and really want an EOTech back on it...AND, I really want to re-purpose the rifle length AR as a farther range firearm.

I contemplated adding a magnifier to the AR:
Primary Arms Long Eye Relief Magnifier - 3XLER - Primary Arms

This issue is that with a proper mount, this is a $300 deal and still leaves the M&P in the lurch...

So...what do you guys think of this; Pop the EXPS on the pistol, move the 517 to the M&P and pop this on the AR:

Primary Arms 4X Compact Prism Scope - PAC4X - Primary Arms

Still around $300 but seems more well rounded...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point...and definitely something to consider, thus the fact that I asked for advice on the subject. I never had planned the AR for >100yds shooting some scopes are something I never looked into...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crap...double post...

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
Good point...and definitely something to consider, thus the fact that I asked for advice on the subject. I never had planned the AR for >100yds shooting some scopes are something I never looked into...
What is the point of an accurate gun without an accurate sighting system? I like a 2-7x scope on a gun like this.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the point of an accurate gun without an accurate sighting system? I like a 2-7x scope on a gun like this.
The original intent of that rifle length AR wasn't to bench or shoot it at any distances over 100yds. Within that distance, my EOTech is still good enough for my eyes.

Once I got the pistol, my pan changed a bit...

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
It doesn't matter the distance; it is difficult to shoot sub-moa with a 1 moa (or larger) dot.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I've got a Burris MTAC 1-4x on order with an American Defense mount for my BCM. True 1x with a CQB style reticle, yet still usable at mid-range with 4x magnification.

I'm convinced this style is the way to go for many purposes. If you can swing it, the Vortex Viper PST also looks nice.

And for budget options, I hear great things about the Primary Arms ACSS 1-6x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts