Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a local guy that is wanting to trade 900 rounds of Wolf .40S&W for 500 rounds of Winchester white box .40S&W. I have never shot any Wolf pistol ammo but have always had great luck with their rifle ammo. The guy mentioned that he was having some issues with it in one of his higher end guns. I would sure like to take him up on this almost 2 for 1 trade but I do not want to deal with a bunch of jamming issues either.

Should I chance it and trade him assuming it will run in my XD or should I just keep the Winchester that I have???? Anyone have experience with Wolf ammo in their XD's??

-Derek

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Keep the WWB.
That Wolf is some nasty dirty stuff from my experiences.

There is a reason he wants to get rid of it.
Keep that in mind..

·
Registered
913 Posts
Wolf is really nasty but I've never had a jamming problem with it in my 40 Service...but I'll never shoot it again because its so dirty...if you don't mind a really dirty gun or hands then yeah I'd trade for a 2 to 1 swap...just depends on your preference but again I've never had a FTF or FTE problem with any ammo that I've shot and I've got 2000+ rounds down my XD...

Hope that helps...

Chris

·
Registered
913 Posts
I would just keep your wwb, if you want to get some wolf you can get 1k rounds for under $170 on ammo man.
Err...not for .40 S&W...I would def shoot wolf if I could get 1k for $170...no matter how dirty it was...I get Blazer @ Walmart for $270 per 1k...

Chris

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Keep the WWB, save the brass, and eventually get a press.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
If you don't mind how dirty it is, see if you get 50 rounds from him and see if your XD likes it or not. If he doesn't want to do that, I'd stick with the WWB.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I decided to pass on the trade. I know my WWB runs flawlessly in my XD but I am not so sure about running Wolf steel cased stuff in it. I offered to trade some nice factory reloads I had but am not willing to give up my good Winchester for the Wolf, especially after he mentioned one failure per mag that he was having.

Thanks for the responses,

-Derek

1 - 10 of 10 Posts