Springfield XD Forum banner

Would you buy a comp series upper kit?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you own a full size XDm in 9mm or 45ACP...

And you'd be in the market to buy a competition series "upper kit" from SA if it were offered...

What would be an upper kit? The 5.25" barrel and slide assembly with the coffined slide and fiber optic sights.

If this would be something you would definitely buy, please sound off.

Springfield Armory should hear from their consumers about the sales and market share they are potentially missing by not offering this package.

Advantages:

• Convenience: It could be shipped direct to the buyer without FFL because the frame is considered the firearm.
  • More Sales: It would cost less to the end consumer than buying a whole new gun, creating sales where there wouldn't be in this recession economy.
  • Less $$ Barriers For Competitors: If your frame and trigger group is already enhanced with a SA Custom shop, PRP, or SP trigger system, you'd be able to retain those features without additional expense.
  • No Learning Curve: No need to relearn muscle memory if your trigger is enhanced.
  • Unique In The Market: Would offer a level of customization not available with S&W M&P or Glock.
Springfield Armory could also consider offering solid steel or tungsten guide rods and reduced power recoil springs to the competitor who is shooting low-recoil ammo. What do you think about that too?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its a nice idea. SIG already do this and it apparently goes quite well, they sell new slides and barrels as kits to change length and caliber.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
It would be very nice indeed.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I asked, and they want to sell complete guns, not slides, uppers etc.. They already offer a stainless Guide Rod for the 4.5 and 5.25 series, $50

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
I would buy one in .40 cal.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'd be all over a Comp Conversion kit like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat if it where available....seriously considering purchasing a EAA Witness Elite Match for this very reason....Hopefully someone at Springfield will take notice...

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Good idea

·
Registered
121 Posts
HELLS yes they should! I'm not going to have $700.00 any time soon to buy a comp series xdm but if there were a conversion kit for $300 or so I could manage that no problem. Plus I have around $300 put into the my 4.5 with a new trigger, extended mag release, titanium guide rod, mag well, grip tape, ect... Hell if they would just sell a 5.25 slide I would buy that because I would most likely buy an after market barrel any ways.

Long answer short HELL YES

·
Registered
18 Posts
Absolutely I'd buy a 5.25" complete upper.

I have a 4.5" XDm40. If they offered it, I'd buy it immediately.

Since Spfld won't sell just the upper, hopefully some after market business realizes the demand and starts to build them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've changed my mind, It would really depend on the price. For $100 or $200 more you might be able to just buy the whole gun. There is a lot of labor and material cost in the slide/barrel and since the bottom is mostly plastic, it is probably much cheaper to make and represents a lesser percentage of the total cost.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry to resuscitate a long dormant thread, but this is exactly the thread I'm most interested in....

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure 9mm XDM slides are interchangeable, and perhaps .40 S&W as well.

My dream XDM is a 9mm Compact with two slides: the regular 3.8 inch Compact in black and a 5.25 inch Competition in stainless. I sure wish the Springfield Custom Shop would offer slide/barrel kits, particularly with matching serial numbers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts