Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have allways carried a shotgun. 1 it is legal to carry loaded 2 it does the best job. A gang leader and a heroin dealer ran my wife, friend and me off the road then pulled a 38 snubnose and emptied it into my face and did not hit me at all. He did hit my friend sitting in the passenger side across the forehead. I totaled my car trying to back away but he had us cornered. I pulled my dubble barral 12 gauge and shot booth barrals and he did not go down. He ran back to his car and reloaded shot at us some more and i reloaded and shot him 1 more time. The last shot was going to be right between the eyes. It is not like you see in the movies. They just do not fly back. He had 2 holes in him right below the ribcage and he lived. He made a deal with the police to turn in his gang for the witness protection. I have this on my record and he does not exist. Now i have a 8 shot pump and my wife carries a 44 and what little sleep i do get i have an arsenal around me. I open carry on my own property. I beleave there should be no concealed carry. It should be in the open. The only ones that should be able to carry concealed are the cops. Concealment only puts the other person in a false sense so bad things could happen to people. When i was a kid growing up in east texas everybody had their long guns in the window. Everybody waved and had respect. Now the bad guys do not now if you even have a gun and it makes them even more likely to do bad things. If all the guns where out in the open they would think twice. I was in arizona and stopped in for some gas and drinks. When i walked into the store more than half the people were strapped. When i ask the cashier she told me it was leagle and she said they had never been robbed. Made sense. I wished texas would allow open carry. It would probably cut down on a lot of crime. I was raised to respect guns and allways know where your bullet is going to stop. Nowdays on holidays they know people are going to shoot off their guns and the news media could tell people to shoot into the ground but no they know most of them will shoot into the air. It is like they want people to get hurt. I also had my door kicked in and they came into my house and if i had not had a gun my wife and i might not be here now. A footprint on the door and blood on the wall proved he was in my house. I emptied a revolver into him and luckaly it had a 9 inch barrel because it made a better club than a gun. Luckaly i was in retreat or in my home. The laws are changing so fast it is hard to keep track of them. I hope and pray that these will never happen to me or anyone i know but every time you turn on the tv the violence never stops all you can do is be prepaired. Cops have bullet proof vest and fully automatic guns and they are scared. If something happens all they can do is write the report.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I have allways carried a shotgun. 1 it is legal to carry loaded 2 it does the best job. A gang leader and a heroin dealer ran my wife, friend and me off the road then pulled a 38 snubnose and emptied it into my face and did not hit me at all. He did hit my friend sitting in the passenger side across the forehead. I totaled my car trying to back away but he had us cornered. I pulled my dubble barral 12 gauge and shot booth barrals and he did not go down. He ran back to his car and reloaded shot at us some more and i reloaded and shot him 1 more time. The last shot was going to be right between the eyes. It is not like you see in the movies. They just do not fly back. He had 2 holes in him right below the ribcage and he lived. He made a deal with the police to turn in his gang for the witness protection. I have this on my record and he does not exist. Now i have a 8 shot pump and my wife carries a 44 and what little sleep i do get i have an arsenal around me. I open carry on my own property. I beleave there should be no concealed carry. It should be in the open. The only ones that should be able to carry concealed are the cops. Concealment only puts the other person in a false sense so bad things could happen to people. When i was a kid growing up in east texas everybody had their long guns in the window. Everybody waved and had respect. Now the bad guys do not now if you even have a gun and it makes them even more likely to do bad things. If all the guns where out in the open they would think twice. I was in arizona and stopped in for some gas and drinks. When i walked into the store more than half the people were strapped. When i ask the cashier she told me it was leagle and she said they had never been robbed. Made sense. I wished texas would allow open carry. It would probably cut down on a lot of crime. I was raised to respect guns and allways know where your bullet is going to stop. Nowdays on holidays they know people are going to shoot off their guns and the news media could tell people to shoot into the ground but no they know most of them will shoot into the air. It is like they want people to get hurt. I also had my door kicked in and they came into my house and if i had not had a gun my wife and i might not be here now. A footprint on the door and blood on the wall proved he was in my house. I emptied a revolver into him and luckaly it had a 9 inch barrel because it made a better club than a gun. Luckaly i was in retreat or in my home. The laws are changing so fast it is hard to keep track of them. I hope and pray that these will never happen to me or anyone i know but every time you turn on the tv the violence never stops all you can do is be prepaired. Cops have bullet proof vest and fully automatic guns and they are scared. If something happens all they can do is write the report.
Dude,

Welcome to the forum, from Sunny South Florida,

I hope your days of protecting yourself and others has come to an end, you have already experinced your share of bad luck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I understand how you feel that everyone should open carry. But, if the only legal way to carry was open, then bad guys would know exactly who could defend themselves and who couldn't. If you see a gun on their hip, don't rob them, if they don't have a gun on their hip, rob them and they can't do anything about it. At least with concealed carry you never know who's carrying and who isn't, harder for a robber to pick an easy victim?

Anyway... welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about all your bad luck

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Sorry to hear of you rotten experiences. Welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming. Don't agree with your opinion on concealed carry. Think it's rather misguided and factually incorrect, but you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

·
Premium Member
127,264 Posts
The OP should sell that story as a screen play!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am not asking you for additonal details, I am just stating an obvious question of curosity; why did they start shooting at you? Once again I am not asking for an answer just stating the question.
As far as concealed carry; I like Ted Nugent's rational
" Open carry takes away your tactical advantage. If the crimminal sees your weapon, then they will come up from behind you and shoot you in the back."
When you carry concealed the tactical advantage of the unknown might be the difference between life and death.
By the way; I am glad you survived the live fire encounter.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
21,689 Posts
welcome , glad ur still here

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome, glad to hear you and your family are ok... Hope you are never in that situation again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
TOUGH BREAK BRO!
Man. That sucks.
I'm an avid CCW supporter so I can't say that I agree with open carry but I hope you are able to get past all the legal junk that comes with shooting someone.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
///MCoupé;2941978 said:
something not right with this post..
Glad someone else thinks so. No offense but it was just a rambling and the first part did not have much to do with type of carry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts