Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started to OC here in Vegas after a felony assault and battery against me in Nov. 2010 and then got my house broken into and lost everything in May(including Sig P220), one day after my mom passed away. Gonna get my ccw, but work six days a week so its hard to find the right time. Best thing about Vegas is the OC laws, dont get hassled in the three months OC'ing, only kicked out of a Vons grocery store( was told its a safe environment by the head of loss prevention! what a *******!) Love the forum and intelligent help and commentary. Bought a xdm 9 4.5 a month ago and a xd 45 compact tactical, I really like both guns. Prefer to open carry with full size and plan to keep on after getting the ccw.

·
Premium Member
127,714 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome, and good luck out there. I hear Vegas is getting rough.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Vegas reminds me of this paraphrased quote by Dillinger (I think?)

Why do you rob banks? Cause that's where the money is.

Also, welcome, sorry to hear about your assault, and open carry with pride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Vegas is getting rough. Heard a story at a local gun shop- A guys wife leaves for work in the morning, fifteen minutes later he hears a scratching sound downstairs. He comes downstairs to find the peephole pushed through and a wire trying to open the inside deadbolt. He runs back upstairs to grab his shotgun, by the time he comes back down the door is opening so he chambers a round in the pump shotgun which is heard by the perps and they ran off.

My story is I had left for Oklahoma Thursday night (Friday 1am flight) to see my dying Mom, (she passed around 3am) my wife left for work at 4pm Saturday night and we were broken in from the back side of the house. No neighbors behind us, just an empty deadend street with an open field. The burgler pryed up the Rolladen storm shutter cover and put a small outdoor table to hold the shutter then broke the back patio door.
The assualt is another story which is unbelievable.

Very proud to OC to exercise my second amendment rights and inform the misguided. God bless the constitution and those serving or have served!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Premium Member
23,669 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Nothern California!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome from Orlando! No OCing allowed here, don't think I would either though.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Welcome from vegas....yea its getting kinda shi&%* here. The was a kid stabbed to death up the road from where I work.

Check out classes at The Gun Store. Chp classes are free and they have a pretty open schedule.

Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all for the welcome. Dave, i am gonna check out the FREE ccw class at the gunstore. No problems with the OC, just stupid questions like "is that a real gun?" i just try to educate and be respectful. Saw Sharon Angle at the gun show and educated her on open carry, super sweet lady and glad she is from NV. Thanks again, this is a great forum.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts