Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who open carry, either LEO or civvy, what kind of holster do you use, OWB, thigh rig, something else?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I carry My P220 in a Bianchi #5

Holds it great on my hip, holds it close to my body love it.

Do not make one for the Xd but Bianchi makes Great Leather and Nylon Holsters.

If youintend to carry openly you must have some sort or retention devices, to prevent a gun grab by a perp!

·
Registered
56 Posts
i like the blackhawk serpa rig, its a kydex with a great retention device thats pretty natural to draw and hard as hell to have activated by a grab. i had one of my buddies try to snatch it to see how it held up. excellent rig imho.

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
Because I spend a lot of time driving I carry crossdraw for easier access while seated. Currently I use a Fobus SP-1 Roto-Holster but have a custom made leather one in the works.

I'm having it custom made because I hate the thought of buying something on-line and having to return it. I already did that with one because it rode too high on my hip and was an awkward draw.

With custom work you may have to wait longer and spend more, but you get exactly what you want. I will post pics when I get it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would second the Blackhawk Serpa. The draw is easy and naturally indexes your trigger finger to the frame. They are also reasonable on price <$50 and come with both paddle and belt attachments.

·
Registered
889 Posts
strykar said:
http://img415.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scratches2yl.jpg

this is my new carry rig until i can afford something better, or i break it, whichever comes 1st. it isnt a concealed rig, but a range/work setup. cant afford a x200 or m3 type light, but my little gerber led light works great.
I think you might want to check this :? , looks like this should have went with your post about the "wird scratches"
That or I need glasses :shock: .

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Blackhawk (non-serpa)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts