Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned and lubed my xd9 really well last weekend and my release was really sticky(hard to press). I made it a point to clean until the release was nice and smooth. Well, I guess I did too good of a job because when I was driving my seatbelt buckle must have hit the release and ejected my mag. I didnt even notice until Im in the house and the gf is like 'why is your mag gone?'.... Lucky it just ended up next to my seat and didnt fall out some where else. :oops:

I dried it back up and it still is smooth but not so much it feels like it will happen again. Im now liking at the idea of a one sided release only. I only ever use the slide catch side mag release anyways. This is the first time Ive ever had a mag falling out but I really dont want it to happen again!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How bout a holster covering the mag release button?
I like my current holster and when shopping for it I did notice most had the release left uncovered. I figure, keep the holster I like and remove the button I dont need/use. If theres a kit to do such a thing even I dunno...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I like my current holster and when shopping for it I did notice most had the release left uncovered. I figure, keep the holster I like and remove the button I dont need/use. If theres a kit to do such a thing even I dunno...
It is your choice and preference but I'd rather look for a proper holster covering the mag release then messing with the gun..
I just checked my holster, the left mag button is completely covered.

·
Registered
855 Posts
It is your choice and preference but I'd rather look for a proper holster covering the mag release then messing with the gun.
+1. Not sure, but I think the Blackhawk CQC holster (for example) covers the entire trigger guard and mag release button. Also, I believe that holster comes with both belt and paddle mounts.

I just started carrying and am using a Fobus paddle holster. The mag release button is exposed on both sides, moreso on the right, but it takes a pretty good jab at it to push it in all the way and actually release the mag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts