Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been torn between going with a 1911 or xdm 5.25. I found a good deal on a new 5.25 so I went with it. I purchased my first handgun about 3 weeks ago. It is an xds 9 4.0. After taking it to the range, I got the bug, so I wanted a more accurate gun. Not that the xds is bad, just wanted a more precision oriented gun.

I am going to take both to the range tomorrow nite.

I do have one concern: My new xdm feels loose compared to my xds like in where the slide rides on the body. Is that normal? My xds feels heavier and more substantial. lol

Also with a loaded mag, there is a rattle in the trigger or striker pin area. Wierd stuff. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Any must have mods for the xdm? I'm thinking grips to start.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Guess I need to get a 1911 now to round out my collection.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Talon grips

I just shook my XDM. It does rattle with a loaded mag, and appears to be the magazine itself. A 1911 rattles like a, well, a rattle. They all go bang just fine.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas.

Tonite I took both my xds and xdm to the range. First off, I did shoot better with the xdm as I expected. However, I feel after getting the xdm, I love my xds more than I did before. It's so tight and solid it doesnt even feel like a polymer pistol. My xdm feels very plasticy and loose where the slide rides on the body. Its got like a 1/32nd to 1/16th in of play if you hold the polymer body and jiggle the slide. Also the finish is wearing on the slide grip already.... uh,..maybe I just wanted this so bad that now I'm just expecting too much.

Do aftermarket grips make it feel more substantial?

Thanks again fellas. I still love the xdm as it shoots good and I dig the 19 round mags. Just wondering if I got a monday gun...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks fellas.

Tonite I took both my xds and xdm to the range. First off, I did shoot better with the xdm as I expected. However, I feel after getting the xdm, I love my xds more than I did before. It's so tight and solid it doesnt even feel like a polymer pistol. My xdm feels very plasticy and loose where the slide rides on the body. Its got like a 1/32nd to 1/16th in of play if you hold the polymer body and jiggle the slide. Also the finish is wearing on the slide grip already.... uh,..maybe I just wanted this so bad that now I'm just expecting too much.

Do aftermarket grips make it feel more substantial?

Thanks again fellas. I still love the xdm as it shoots good and I dig the 19 round mags. Just wondering if I got a monday gun...

That's weird. Mine is nice and tight and it used. I would contact SA to see if this is normal or not. They may have you send it to them for repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts