Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually I traded a Gen 2 Glock 22 (+60 bucks) in for it. I walked away with a "used" (I don't think it has ever been fired) S&W M&P 9mm Shield w/ thumb safety and night sights, 2 magazines (7 & 8 rounders) and an Alien Gear IWB holster. The holster was actually meant for an XDs 4" and I picked it up for cheap because they got it "used" with a trade in. I removed the kydex and reformed it in my press and it fits my gun perfectly now.

I ran some rounds through it first thing this morning when I got to work and I'm impressed. I liked the trigger way more than I expected to and the accuracy is more than acceptable. I fired a full mag (8 rounds) at 1" squares (standing, unsupported, two hands, full light) at 3, 7, and 15 yards. I was firing slowly (1 second splits) and I am happy with the results considering it's the first 24 rounds I've put through it.

I know, I know... pics or GTFO:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have been tempted to buy a Shield more than once. Pretty sweet little guns from all I have read on them.

I'm still holding out for the single stack Glock (It's going to be the G43, I know it).

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gen 2 Glock for a shield? NOOOOOOOOOO.

As long as you're happy :)

Ha, I know, right? It felt so wrong but the truth is that my Glock ended up just sitting around collecting dust. Anytime I could have reached for it, I reached for my XD instead. The Shield actually added a new tool in my toolbox.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Actually I traded a Gen 2 Glock 22 (+60 bucks) in for it. I walked away with a "used" (I don't think it has ever been fired) S&W M&P 9mm Shield w/ thumb safety and night sights, 2 magazines (7 & 8 rounders) and an Alien Gear IWB holster. The holster was actually meant for an XDs 4" and I picked it up for cheap because they got it "used" with a trade in. I removed the kydex and reformed it in my press and it fits my gun perfectly now.

I ran some rounds through it first thing this morning when I got to work and I'm impressed. I liked the trigger way more than I expected to and the accuracy is more than acceptable. I fired a full mag (8 rounds) at 1" squares (standing, unsupported, two hands, full light) at 3, 7, and 15 yards. I was firing slowly (1 second splits) and I am happy with the results considering it's the first 24 rounds I've put through it.

I know, I know... pics or GTFO:
Welcome to the darkside !

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice, Shield's are great and I've had good luck with Alien Gear holsters as well.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I picked up my shield friday. i love how the thing fires for a small gun it was very easy recoil to manage. My 5 foot daughter with small hands can handle the gun with no issues (but she has been shooting my XD40 for a few years) I am going to pickup an aliengear holster for it

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
That's no "mistake". Congrats, and enjoy responsibly. :p

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I like my Dad's Shield but already have an XDs that I like better. Here is another satisfied AG user. Although I just recently picked up a single clip kydex taco holster for those "quick trips out..." or so I thought. I haven't carried in my AG since I got it. My new holster takes up much less real estate on my waist. I still plan on using my AG but just haven't yet... :)

·
Banned
0 Posts
I like my shield.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Ha, I know, right? It felt so wrong but the truth is that my Glock ended up just sitting around collecting dust. Anytime I could have reached for it, I reached for my XD instead. The Shield actually added a new tool in my toolbox.
I experienced the same thing with my PPQ. I always reached for my XD instead. Congrats on the Shield. Sweet gun!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like my shield.
Ditto. I have put about 500 rounds threw my sheild 40 since I got it a few months ago and I like everything about it beside being limited to 6 or 7 rounds but its a cc gun so its not like I need or want a drum mag or something....... though itg would be fun for the range :D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts