Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tripp Research is just down th street. just got my XD back hard chromed satin finish $120. the barrel was done at no charge.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to room with Mr. Virgil Tripp's stepson and used to go to their house (very nice). I guess he gave me a friendly discount. God i love small town life!

·
Registered
86 Posts
HTOWN stunna said:
I used to room with Mr. Virgil Tripp's stepson and used to go to their house (very nice). I guess he gave me a friendly discount. God i love small town life!
Yes, so do I, but no such luck on free gun finishing. Ditto with Dan, you lucky dog!

·
Registered
885 Posts
HTOWN stunna said:
Further proof that it's not what you know, but....

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

these two are after firing 200 rounds no major wear

·
Registered
100 Posts
Two questions: Did they disassemble you gun or did you have to do it yourself before plating? Waht is the "normal" price for this job? Yours looks great!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Complete 1911 (stainless barrel/no plate) $150
Complete 1911 (carbon steel barrel/plate) $175
Complete H&K, SIG, Beretta $175
Complete 1911 compensated $195

Slides (including slide parts) $80
Mags (mags) $15

these are the prices i got off the website. mine included complete disassembly and on the invoice it says "barrel not included" but tripp told me he would do the barrel anyway.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I lived in Alpine,Tx for 3 years! Met my wife down there. We will be heading down there in July for a week. I'm hoping to go to your outside gun club on a saturday that I'm down there for their friendly little shoot-out!

It's cool to see somebody else from Alpine!!

Gossip gets around that town like no other I've ever seen!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oh, does Tripp have an actual store front that you can go into? If so, you'll have to let me know where it is, so I can pay him a visit. Somebody on here said it was pretty close to the Coca-Cola plant.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You take the right turn before the Coca Cola plant like you were going out to Sunny Glen and its a large garage looking building, they share space with two other businesses but their shop is big. its before a feed shop called Muench Feed supply on Tom road i believe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts