Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys buy bulk ammo online? I did a search and most of the posts are about places online being out of ammo and which ones have ammo in stock. I found the following sites but am wondering if you guys have any better:

Freedom Ammunition
Target Sports USA
A1 Ammo

Those 3 sites have free shipping (or it's included) which make them appealing. I know that I could order from Cabela's but then I have 6% in tax.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those all look like great options, thanks! I'm also keeping an eye on my local Walmart, but all they have right now is 50 packs for $14.99.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I buy mine from Palmetto State Armory. They have had the best prices I've seen in a long time. My last 5 orders have been through them. They take awhile to process and ship, but IMO it's worth it--especially with ammo prices these days. Prices have come down but I still think PSA has the best prices.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Freedom Munitions, SGammo, Palmetto State Armory, Selway Ammo, Ammunition Depot, LAX Ammo, and Georgia Arms have all been good to me. PSA has the best shipping rates, but allow some lead time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'll second SG Ammo. Great pricing and fast shipping.

Palmetto is good also, especially when running a sale or free shipping, but they're order handling times can be slow.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I've done a few orders with Freedom Munitions and have been very happy. Also always happy with Ammo to go. I get the Target Sports emils, but haven't really seen any deals better than FM, or ATG. Same goes for SGAmmo.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Freedom has been 100% for me as well as PSA. Last box of WWB 100 count 40's from Wally's had 4 bullets set back too far on just the top section.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Freedom also has a great brass buy back program. I think it's something around 2.50 per pound.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's my breakdown of brass casing 9mm from what I've seen, based off you recommendations (1000 rounds):

Target Sports USA (Raug) $.199 (free shipping but they are out of stock)
Freedom Ammunition (Blazer or Federal) $.235 (free shipping)
Glen's Outdoors (Sellier & Bellot) $.242 (shipping included)
High Country Ammunition (Accustrike) $.244 (shipping included)
LAX Ammunition (LAX) $.255 (including shipping)
Bulk Ammo (Hotshot Elite) $261 (shipping included)
Freedom Munitions (Not Specified) $.261 (shipping included)
Lucky Gunner (Sumbro) $.266 (shipping included)
Palmetto (Blazer) $.266 (including shipping)
Target Sports USA (Blazer) $.269 (free shipping)
A1Ammo (Magtech) $.270 (free shipping)
SGAmmo (Blazer) $.275 (including shipping)
Selway Armory (Magtech) $.276 (including shipping)
Cheaper Than Dirt (PPU) $.283 (shipping included)
South Georgia Outdoors (Fiocchi) $.286 (including shipping)
Ammunition Depot (Blazer) $.288 (shipping included)
Local Cabela's (Herter) $.297 (tax included+free shipping)
Local Gander Mountain (Remmington) $.297 (tax included+free shipping)
Ammunition To Go (American Eagle ) $.302 (shipping included)

I left out remanufactured and steel casings due to the rules of my area's ranges.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So to buy locally and get the same as the $.235 from freedom ammunition, I would have to find a 50 round box for $10.60 or a 100 round box for 21.30 when I take tax into consideration.

I don't see that happening anytime soon, so I think I'll try out Freedom Ammunition.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Another vote for both SGAmmo and Freedom Munitions.

All of my range ammo comes from Freedom.
The vast majority of my self-defense ammo comes from SGAmmo.
Both good companies to deal with, especially when Freedom has its free shipping or $5 shipping deals.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One more question, if I get reman from Freedom Munitions, would the range that I go to be able to tell? I wouldn't think so unless the box says it on the outside, but I'm just wondering.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
probably not, they don't really box it any different, just a small change to the wording on the label with "reman" on the label.

Never been to a range that looks all that close.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another vote for both SGAmmo and Freedom Munitions.

All of my range ammo comes from Freedom.
The vast majority of my self-defense ammo comes from SGAmmo.
Both good companies to deal with, especially when Freedom has its free shipping or $5 shipping deals.
Great point. I just saw that Freedom has free shipping for first time customers which would make them the cheapest with reman. Their onsite reviews are positive too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts