Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

Just thought this group would ge interested in hearing one more anecdote from a very satisfied XD owner.

I've had my XD9 since February of 2005, and in that time I've put approximately 3,500 rounds through it. Through all of this usage, the pistol only experienced ONE failure. It was an FTE, and this was only because the case ruptured. After a quick rack of the slide, I was back in business.

The ammo I shot varied widely: bulk reloads I purchased for $.09 apiece at a local gun show (one of these caused that one failure), WWB 115 gr. FMJ, all the way up to Federal Tactical 135 gr. Bonded JHP +P, and a whole lot of other stuff of varying weight, quality, and cost in between. My XD has digested all of it with nary a complaint.

So, for any readers in the forum who are considering an XD but, for whatever reason, continue to waver - consider this experience from a guy who was once in your place.

Oh, and by the way, I've not had any problems with rust. Simply put, I really love this gun.

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
Welcome to the fun house. Glad to hear from another happy owner. Watchout, SLCDave might have you shooting competition with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts