Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to one of my local gunshops today looking for possibilities for a new full size 9mm. I handled just about everything they had there, xd9, sig p226, glock 17, fnp9, etc. Anyway, nothing really caught my attention, but I was leaning toward the sig, when I saw they had the Smith & Wesson M&P 9. I knew I would like it, cause I have an M&P 9 compact, but have never handled the full size ones. I was expecting it to feel about like the other pistols I had handled already, but when I held that M&P it really felt like it fit like a glove! I had one of those "moments" when you realize which pistol you're gonna get.

Long story short, I'm about to get a new pistol in a few days! :-D I wish every decision was this easy!

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
That was my deciding factor between my M&P 40 over a glock 23.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol! Sounds nice. Post pics!

Word of advice,

Never handle a Browning Hi Power or a good quality 1911.

There just isn't anything like either one.

I really like my XD .45 a lot, but next to a nice 1911, well it looks like a ugly black plastic pistol.

So, don't handle one of those nice high end 1911s or a nice Browning Hi Power and you'll be just fine.

Chapie+

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just put one on layaway, so it'll be a month or two before I actually have it. Had to do a little searching to find one of the models without the magazine safety, but its worth it, IMO. Now the waiting really begins. . .

·
Registered
821 Posts
CZ P01 fits me just like that. Like it was designed to be there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts