Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, I rained out of work yesterday (I work at a construction site) and went around to a few shops on the way home. The first one I stopped by, there was a guy who bought every DoubleStar lower they had. 20 of em. Just dropped $2K. Amazing.

SOo, since Bud's is only a 1/2 hr away, I decided to stop by. They had some lowers left. I grabbed one to claim and started to walk around the store. Well after viewing all the rifles and pistols, I looked in the case with the misc stuff. What do my eyes behold? An Armalite AR-10 stripped lower.

Needless to say I walk out of Bud's with 2 lowers and now have 2 more things to build. Damn this disease.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I got up at 4am, tuned in and saw an email from Bud's saying they had Doublestar ARs for $699. Are Doublestars an okay brand? My son told my wife he wanted/had/was going to get an AR so I'm trying to do some fact checking since I'll be getting another one as well.
my son was in the military so he's not hung up on brand names.
I realize that anything is better than nothing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2 builds that I have done so far were on DoubleStar lowers. One is a 9mm with a Rock River Upper and the other is 5.56 with a Rock River Upper. The 9mm feels very tight to the lower and I am please with how it performs. I have not shot the other one yet, but am please with both the quality and performance of the 9mm lower. As far as the DoubleStar complete rifles, I have heard nothing bad about them. They seem to be doing pretty well with their buyers. If the quality of the whole rifle is anything like the stripped lower, it is a great deal for $699.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have several DoubleStar builds, and they are fine. Their lowers were, and I believe still are, CMT (aka Stag).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts