1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've said it before... If you are intending to stock up a bit then get on with it before the State requires a background check for you to purchase a box of ammo.
AG's in 16 States Embrace Background Checks On Ammo Purchases

This is a recommended website. AmmoSeek. Free. Price comparisons, and the listed vendors will ship direct to you.
Best Ammo for Finding Ammunition 2020 - Guns Mags Reloading
“Since then, tens of thousands of Californians have been denied the ability to purchase ammunition because of problems with the government’s database of gun owners,”

Say what? Government database of gun owners? How long have we been told that there was no government database of gun owners?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Failed to see where the article mentions the 16 states.

Reloading avoids the issue at least so far not aware any states having restrictions ie BGC on components.

But staying stocked up is always a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Failed to see where the article mentions the 16 states.

Reloading avoids the issue at least so far not aware any states having restrictions ie BGC on components.

But staying stocked up is always a plus.

The third paragraph says

If you live in Illinois, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, or Washington you should know that your attorney general has given the green light for your state legislature to implement California-style ammunition control if they want.
Apparently the "district of columbia" is now a state.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The third paragraph says

Apparently the "district of columbia" is now a state.
Missed that when I scanned over it.
Well TX isnt listed so all good.
CA requires it on each purch a foid card as I understand it is issued after a 1x BC.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Missed that when I scanned over it.
Well TX isnt listed so all good.
CA requires it on each purch a foid card as I understand it is issued after a 1x BC.

MI is listed because all the pot heads crawled out from moms basement to vote in all dumbocrats last election.
The AG is almost as bad as the governor here.

If they do pass any nonsense like the article says it will time to sell everything and relocate.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Here as a LTC holder firearms are pay fill out 4473 and walk out with it long gun or pistol.
Ammo is over 21 pistol and 18 long gun and .22 iirc Im pushing 60 so well over age limit LOL.

·
Registered
9,729 Posts
Can we get a background check on all politician purchases?
How about a background check on politicians? And they have to pass a qualification test.

Reactions: ATCclears

·
Registered
352 Posts
Californian here. I haven’t had to buy ammo since the law went into effect since I stocked up and reload. I’ve also been reluctant to buy needed ammo since I don’t want to play that game. I know I’ll eventually have to though.

A lot of posts on Calguns of people denied of have had problems.

·
Registered
19,676 Posts
If you require a background check to get ammo, that can only lead to serialization of ammo. What good does it do the check on the purchaser if he can just make a quick profit selling to gang bangers without fear of repercussions? If you serialized the case, might as well do the bullet too. What is that going to do to the price of ammo? At that point, you have to make reloading illegal since the bullet wouldn't match the case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts