Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my XD40 Tactical back from Rich at Canyon Creek today.. NICE turn around time... He didnt get it until last Friday...

I had a 2.5# Trigger job done for competition... and a skate tape wrap

all this for $175.00 (return fedex overnight shipping included)

Let me tell you ... the trigger is SWEET !!!!
Take up is minimal...break is light and very crisp... and reset is nothin'

Man... why didnt I do this sooner...

I HIGHLY recommend that everyone save your nickled and dimes and get this done.... :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome to the club, Rich does truly great things with the XD trigger. 8)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I only have a few hundred rounds through my XD, so a trigger job is a ways off to decide if I need (want!) it. I know Springfield does good work. What are the ups and downs of going to an outside source like Canyon Creek? Will it void my warranty?

I'm confident enough in the talent of the Springfield folks - only reason I can think of right now to go with Canyon Creek would be a wait time issue - Springfield having my gun a few months for a trigger job would be a pain. :)

Andy

·
Registered
181 Posts
A CC trigger job would only void your Springfield warrantee on the trigger parts. No problem, Rich will guarrantee his work. There is nobody on this forum that has had Rich work on their gun that doesn't rave about the work.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Tango Sierra said:
A CC trigger job would only void your Springfield warrantee on the trigger parts. No problem, Rich will guarrantee his work. There is nobody on this forum that has had Rich work on their gun that doesn't rave about the work.
I second that comment really enjoy the trigger job from CC.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
You lucky [email protected]#$. I am still waiting on mine. Rich is doing a custom finish as well as the trigger job so I imagine that's why you got yours back first.
You got me even more excited about getting my gun back!!!! Woo Hoo!
:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had my XD9 Tactical done by Rich and it was amazing the turnaround was 7 days! (Calender, not working days). I have a Springfield 1911 I'm pretty sure I will also send him!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sent Rich at Canyon Creek an E-mail last night, and he sent me a reply this morning, even though it's Saturday. He confirmed the one week turn around.

I'll be shipping my XD40 to him as soon as UPS upens up on Monday.

Thanks for the info, guys!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just shot my first match with the new trigger job..... WOOHOOO!!!!
Took second in the ESP MM ....

Night and day compared to before... FAST FAST FAST !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sir William,

Because of this thread, I went to the Canyon Creek web site, and then sent an e-mail to Rich and got his response. I'll be sending my XD40 Service pistol to him on Monday when UPS opens. In addition to the trigger job, I think I'll also ask him to smooth out the mag release. In checking out why it's so hard to release whhen the additional pressure of 11 or 12 rounds is in the mag, I traced the problem to roughness in the mating surfaces of the mag release button and the mag release. On my pistol, even without a mag inserted, the mag release is somewhat rough, and it wants to stick in the depressed position. I think that smoothing that out will help it all around.

Based on your report, I can't wait until I get the pistol back with the new trigger job. And being able to get it back in a week is icing on the cake!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You may very well have a burr or something making the mag stick....

My tactical was VERY stiff... but after practicing my reloads a couple hundred times all is well....nice and smoothe now.

I just insert an empty mag...with two more empties on my belt... and just kepp rotating them around... i usually go for about 100 in a session

·
Registered
16 Posts
The problem isn't where the mag release contacts the magazine. It's where the mag release contacts the mag release button, in the area where the tapered cutout is on the shaft of the button. So that mags the mag button stick, even when there is no magazine in the pistol. I have tried "exercising" it several hundred times, with no improvement. So I suspect a big burr or gouge on one of the parts. This is probably one of the areas that needs a ittle more QC at the factory. Anyway, I'm sure that Rich can fix it right up when he's doing the trigger job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How 2/11
Aug 69 - Dec 70
Retired Sept 89

Best Unit I Ever Serve with, just not the best times. :D

S/W 586 .357 combat mag. Jan 83 :oops: Traded Jun 05
XD 40sc June 05
CCW OK July 05

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also had my .40 Tactical done @ Canyon Creek. It made a huge difference for the better. Short take-up, 2# crisp break, and shortened reset. I'm currently trying to get used to the different trigger pull by dry firing. If I take it to a match right now, I will probably have an AD because I'm used to the long, heavy factory trigger.

I also just got an EFK 9mm conversion barrel for it and will try it this weekend at the range.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
NMshooter said:
If I take it to a match right now, I will probably have an AD because I'm used to the long, heavy factory trigger.
You can't have an AD if your finger is not on the trigger. If it is, you are ready to shoot, and that is not an AD. :wink:

Be safe and enjoy your enRich'd XD.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Old School said:
Be safe and enjoy your enRich'd XD.
I like that, might have to steal it for my own use.... :wink: From now on I have an enRich'd XD-40 Tact...... 8) I need that on a t-shirt along with Rich's URL! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts