Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I bought my new XDm at 11:58 a.m. on August 31 2011, according to the receipt. I missed it by 12 hours...

Last time they had this giveaway promo, did anyone here get "grandfathered" in on a recent pistol purchase? I hear Springfield has top-notch customer service, I wonder if they'll prove it to me.

I'll still be happy (the gun is amazing), but damn will I be angry.

Ugh.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bummer.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Here we go again! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday morning as well and just saw the banner today about the freebies. I thought I was out of luck, but called SA customer support and they said I will still qualify. They said since my FFL transfer takes place during the valid promo date, I can just submit both my invoice and FFL transfer receipt and I'm good to go!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wonder if they accept my receipt? I officially purchased it Aug 6th but didn't get it until August 22nd. Wishful thinking I suppose.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wonder if they accept my receipt? I officially purchased it Aug 6th but didn't get it until August 22nd. Wishful thinking I suppose.
Ouch...yeah, that is probably pushing it. I think I squeeze in because it's not technically mine until I pay the FFL fee, etc. You could always call and ask them...maybe they'll be in a good mood? :cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm REALLY hoping they'll come out with the 5.25" in .40 while this is deal is going on. That would be, uh....sweet!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered mine yesterday morning as well and just saw the banner today about the freebies. I thought I was out of luck, but called SA customer support and they said I will still qualify. They said since my FFL transfer takes place during the valid promo date, I can just submit both my invoice and FFL transfer receipt and I'm good to go!
This is good to know! I ordered mine about a week ago and just picked it up yesterday.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought my Xd(m) 9mm 3.8 last month and I just emailed Springfield nothing my disappointment about no advance warning. it won't make any difference but at least it makes me feel better.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If they gave advance warning it would negate the point of the promotion... the reason companies do this is so that they sell enough pistols to recoup the cost of the magazines, and to steer people towards them during the pre-Christmas shopping season.

Called them today, they grandfathered me in. They said August 31st is the only date they are grandfathering. I wish I could've chosen 19rd magazines, but again, free is free, and maybe I can find a trade with someone for at least 1 of them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Here we go again! :mrgreen:
Ugh. I love Springfield Armory but hate them at the same time. I think they're doing this just to taunt me.
From now on I only buy new Springfields between Labor Day and Christmas.:lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got mine mid August. I sent them an email and no dice. I got a nice reply saying they had to abide by the rules. Oh well. Guess I need to shell out some $$ for a couple of magazines. Where's the cheapest place to get them? I found a few sites with the cheapest being about $23 a mag + shipping.

·
Registered
496 Posts
is this good on the xdm 45. i just ordered one on tuesday but they have not shipped it yet
Yep. Check the link for approved mags on the promo page.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've been taking a hard look at getting a XDm Compact in either the 9mm or .40 for a while now. Now might be the best time to bite. Hmmmmm....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will be picking up an XD 40 service in a few days. Heck of a price and a heck of a gun.

As far as the three magazine incentive, does or should the dealer have the mail in forms?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts