Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone knows the meaning of this marking. It's not actually stamped, but raised and located about half inch behind the shell deflector on the upper receiver. It looks like a skeleton key hole, or maybe an omega mark. Not sure what it means. Also, about a half inch past this mark is a raised "F" also? What gives? Excuse my ignorance!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It refers to Cerro Forge who is the maker of a lot of upper receivers. I have a double star upper that was forged by them. Basically Cerro Forge made the rough upper, whichever company you bought it from finished it and sold it to you with all parts attached.

joe

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Just curious if anyone knows the meaning of this marking. It's not actually stamped, but raised and located about half inch behind the shell deflector on the upper receiver. It looks like a skeleton key hole, or maybe an omega mark. Not sure what it means. Also, about a half inch past this mark is a raised "F" also? What gives? Excuse my ignorance!
The mark is for Cerro Forge, a Fabrication company that machines many products. Everything from vehicle parts, plumbing parts, electrical assemblies and aside from that, upper receivers. They specialize in Aluminum, Brass, Bronze and Copper. The receivers are milspec I believe and from what I have heard some even made for Colt. I need to do more research. Sounds like a pretty good company. They seem to be a jack of all trades. I imagine the Cerro Forging/receivers are made "in house" with the other products. However they could be made in another state. Like I said I need to do more research. This is all new to me, but I love learning about anything that has to do with weapons lol. Take it easy, I will let you know If I find out more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I'm fairly new to the new AR's too, and any info I can get, I eat it up! I checked out the Cerro Forge site, looks like a serious company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts